OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G was launched in April with Android 12-based OxygenOS 12.1 OS. The device is all set to pick its first major software upgrade – the Android 13 upgrade soon, if you are a OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G owner then you can join the beta program to get early access to the new software and its features.
OnePlus has officially shared the information about the open beta program on its community forum. As per the information, the device needs to be running on the CPH2381_11.A.13 software version. Usually, anyone can take part in the open beta program, but this time, OnePlus mentioned that there are only 1,000 slots available for the OBT program. And users can submit their applications till November 20.
Now if you own a OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G and want to take a part in the OxygenOS 13 OBT, then you can navigate to Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program > Beta > Fill in your information > Apply Now. If your application is accepted then you will receive the new update through a special OTA, which you can install it on your phone.
OnePlus Nord 2 Lite 5G users have received the latest Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Beta software update, thanks to its unique design philosophy, Aquamorphic design display redesign, and a host of new features.
According to the information, the company will invite only 1,000 OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite users to experience the OxygenOS 13 beta update in advance in India, and then it will gradually roll out to more users and regions soon in several days. Furthermore, if you want to upgrade this build successfully on your device, please make sure that yours is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version number – CPH2381_11_A.13.
In addition to this, you may submit the application for the OxygenOS 13 Beta for Nord CE 2 Lite 5G from November 18, 2022, to November 20, 2022, and it can be accepted in batches.
Note: The latest OxygenOS 13 beta update is only available for the active OnePlus Community member.
However, this is an OxygenOS 13 beta update and is not a stable version, which can have unexpected effects on your phone and affect daily life, and some third-party app versions aren’t compatible with Android 13 yet. Hence, we recommend that you do not install the beta version on your primary phone.
How To Apply:
To apply this OxygenOS 13 beta update on your Nord CE 2 Lite in India. Go to Settings, then scroll down and click About device, and tap on the Official version. From here, tap the icon on the top right and select Beta program and tap on the Beta, then fill in your information and finally tap on Apply Now.
After submitting your application successfully, within five working days, you will receive this update; you can check the update by the device’s Settings >About device > Download Now.
Note: If the application quota is full, please wait for the next round
Let’s Discuss OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G OxygenOS 13 Beta Version Changelog:
Based on Android 13, OxygenOS 13 includes a host of new features, including a home screen world clock widget, a meeting assistant, larger folders on the home screen, media playback controls in Quick Settings, more markup tools for screenshot editing, and a sidebar toolbox. Automatic pixelation feature, kid space, dynamic computing engine, and many more.
For more information: OxygenOS 13 Key Features
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
• Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
Security & Privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital Wellbeing
• Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.