Several devices still need the Android 13 update, even with two months until Android 14. Realme Narzo 50 received the stable Android 13 update. Realme UI 4.0 provides Android 13 for the Realme Narzo 50.
Despite having Android 12, the Realme Narzo 50 launched early last year with Android 11. If the device had initially shipped with Android 12, it could have received one more major Android update.
The Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0 update for the Realme Narzo 50 is RMX3286_11 F.03. This major update has many new features and improvements, making it larger than security updates.
The update improves device efficiency, security, and UI with Aquamorphic design. The official changelog is below.
Realme Narzo 50 Android 13 Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default • You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe • The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
In case you don’t receive the update notification, you can manually check for the update in Settings. You will have the option to roll back your device to Android 12 if you don’t find Android 13 stable enough. The rollback file can be downloaded here.