With the OnePlus 10 Pro, OnePlus began rolling out the stable Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update in September 2022. Later, the company expanded this latest update to the OnePlus 9 series smartphone users in India as well as the Global market. The Chinese tech behemoth recently began sending the OxygenOS 13 update to its 2020 flagship series, the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T.
The company has not yet confirmed the availability of the stable update. Meanwhile, many users on the OnePlus community have reported that the OxygenOS 13 update is now available on their devices. The OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 8 series has a firmware version number ending in F.13, while the OxygenOS build number ending in C.14 for the OnePlus 10R.
Based on Android 13, the OxygenOS 13 update brings a slew of new features and enhancements, as well as the October 2022 Android security patch, which improves the device’s security and stability to deliver a smooth experience. Now, you can install this latest update on your device approx 335.63 MB.
To manually check for the latest software update on your OnePlus 10R and OnePlus 8 series, go to System Settings and enter the Software & Updates menu. Once you tap on the System Update option, the latest update for your device will be displayed on the screen. At last, hit the download button and complete the installation process.
Software Information & Download Links
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 10R 80W
- India (CPH2423_11_C.14)
- OnePlus 10R 150W
- India (CPH2411_11_C.14)
OxygenOS 13 Features:
OxygenOS 13 adds a new system icon, Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, optimized task management tools, enhanced security and privacy, new Always-on display style, vibrant theme colors, refined visual effects, Spotify and Bitmoji Integration on the lock screen, improved home screen folders, Private Safe 2.0, and more to OnePlus devices.
Along with these new features, the latest update includes a new design philosophy and Aquamorphic design, which allows you to operate your device more smoothly and quickly.
For more info, check the full changelog below.
OxygenOS 13 Changelog:
- [Aquamorphic Design]
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- [Seamless interconnection]
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- [Security & privacy]
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- [Health & Digital wellbeing]
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- [Performance optimization]
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- [Gaming experience]
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
- Realme 8 5G & Narzo 30 5G Realme UI 4.0 (Android 13) OTA Update on the way
- How to Enable And Use Live Caption On OxygenOS 13
- Early Access For Realme 8 5G & Narzo 30 5G Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update Available
- Oppo Reno 7 gets stable Android 13 update in Europe
- OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G, & Reno5 5G ColorOS 13 Stable Update Released