Following extensive beta testing over the past few weeks, Apple has finally released iOS 17.3 to the general public. Anyone with an iPhone Xr or later model that is compatible with iOS 17 can download the iOS 17.3 update. Some new features and fixes for bugs are introduced in the third version of iOS 17.
Those who are registered developers or beta testers were given the iOS 17.3 Release Candidate build last week. Keep in mind that the iOS 17.3 public Build and the iOS 17.3 release candidate are identical. Users of the beta build have reported that the release candidate build is stable. Even RC builds can have problems now and then, but Apple always fixes them by releasing a new RC version.
In addition to iOS 17.3, Apple has also released macOS Sonoma 14.3, iOS 16.7.5, iPadOS 16.7.5, iOS 15.8.1, macOS Monterey 12.7.3, macOS Ventura 13.6.4, and watchOS 10.3 today. The build number 21D50 is included in both iOS 17.3 and iPadOS 17.3. This build is identical to the one that was released last week as a release candidate.
iOS 17.3 Features
The iOS 17.3 update brings features like new utility wallpaper in lock screen, collaborate feature on Music, Emoji reaction to tracks in Music app, and more. You can check out the full changelog below.
Stolen Device Protection
- Stolen Device Protection increases security of iPhone and Apple ID by requiring Face ID or Touch ID with no passcode fallback to perform certain actions
- Security Delay requires Face ID or Touch ID, an hour wait, and then an additional successful biometric authentication before sensitive operations like changing device passcode or Apple ID password can be performed
- New Unity wallpaper honors Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month
- Collaborate on playlists allows you to invite friends to join your playlist and everyone can add, reorder, and remove songs
- Emoji reactions can be added to any track in a collaborative playlist
This update also includes the following improvements:
- AirPlay hotel support lets you stream content directly to the TV in your room in select hotels
- AppleCare & Warranty in Settings shows your coverage for all devices signed in with your Apple ID
- Crash detection optimizations (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
The iOS 17.3 is available to everyone with eligible iPhone. If you have opted for beta in Settings or installed Release Candidate build, then you will not receive the update. If you are on a public build of iOS 17 you will find the update in Settings > General > Software Update.
Always make sure to take backup of your data and charge your iPhone to at least 50%.
- iPhone 16 Pro and 16 Pro Max early renders with a new Capture button
- Apple iPhone 17 may feature a 24MP selfie camera
- Apple Year Of The Dragon Official Stock Wallpapers
- Apple Releases AirPods Pro Year Of The Dragon Edition in China
- New Unity Wallpaper in iOS 17.3 Release Candidate