After three rounds of beta updates, Apple has released the iOS 17.3 Release Candidate. Developers and public beta testers can access the iOS 17.3 Release Candidate at the same time, which is different from the beta builds.
If there are no big problems or bugs, the final build, iOS 17.3 Release Candidate, will be released as the public build next week. Because the build numbers are the same for both the public release and the release candidate, beta users can rest assured that these builds are stable.
Apple started the iOS 17.3 journey in December. In addition to the RC build, there were three beta builds leading up to it, one of which was a flawed version that was subsequently removed. Due to the lengthy holiday in between, only a small number of beta builds were released, which is lower than usual.
Here are the release notes for the iOS 17.3 RC, watchOS 10.3 RC, macOS Sonoma 14.3 RC, tvOS 17.3 RC, macOS Ventura 13.6.4 RC4, macOS Monterey 12.7.3 RC4, iOS 16.7.5 RC, iPadOS 16.7.5 RC, iOS 15.8.1 RC, and iPadOS 15.8.1 RC that Apple has announced today.
As of version 21D50, both iOS 17.3 RC and iPadOS 17.3 RC are available. Its weight, which may differ by model, is substantial because it is the full build, similar to the public build.
iOS 17.3 RC Release Notes
In terms of new features, it has all the features and changes added in the previous three beta builds with a few additional changes.
Stolen Device Protection
- Stolen Device Protection increases security of iPhone and Apple ID by requiring Face ID or Touch ID with no passcode fallback to perform certain actions
- Security Delay requires Face ID or Touch ID, an hour wait, and then an additional successful biometric authentication before sensitive operations like changing device passcode or Apple ID password can be performed
- New Unity wallpaper honors Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month
- Collaborate on playlists allows you to invite friends to join your playlist and everyone can add, reorder, and remove songs
- Emoji reactions can be added to any track in a collaborative playlist
This update also includes the following improvements:
- AirPlay hotel support lets you stream content directly to the TV in your room in select hotels
- AppleCare & Warranty in Settings shows your coverage for all devices signed in with your Apple ID
- Crash detection optimizations (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
How to Get iOS 17.3 Release Candidate
As mentioned earlier, the iOS 17.3 Release Candidate is available to both developers and public beta testers. So if you have selected either Developer Beta or Public Beta in Software Update, you will find the update in Settings > General > Software Update.
Always make sure to take a backup of your data and charge your iPhone to at least 50%.
- Apple iPhone 16 Pro camera and build leaked
- Apple Vision Pro may launch outside the US before WWDC 2024.
- Download New Apple Hongdae Store Official Stock Wallpapers
- Apple iOS 17.3 Beta 3 was sent to Developers
- Apple WatchOS 10.3 beta 3 was sent to developers.