Android 12 is available for various non-pixel phones in addition to the Pixel phones. OnePlus is also one of the first smartphone manufacturers to make the Android 12 upgrade available to early adopters. The OnePlus kicks-off Android 12 Developer Preview Program for OnePlus 9 Pro, which were just released. Although the build is only available to developers, if you’re in a hurry and want to try out Android 12’s capabilities, here’s how to install Android 12 Developer Preview Program for OnePlus 9 Pro.
The first Android 12 version for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro was released recently by OnePlus. The corporation states that this release has certain stability concerns while giving information about the developer preview program on their community forum; the entire list of known flaws can be seen in the following section. PS: We don’t suggest installing these builds on your primary phone.
The Android 12 developer preview build is around 3GB in size and is available for download. When it comes to improvements and functionalities, we can anticipate OnePlus 9 series owners to get a taste of Android 12’s new features. The update also includes various system optimizations, enhanced privacy security, and general system enhancements. Before moving on to the installation step, have a look at the known issues with the OnePlus 9 series Android 12 Developer Preview upgrade.
Known Issues with the OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
Download Android 12 Developer Preview Update for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
It will not be available via OTA updates because it is a developer preview build; you must manually sideload it to your smartphone. You may get Android 12 Developer Preview builds from the URLs provided below. There’s a chance you’ll brick the gadget, so create a full backup of everything. You can also go back to the previous stable version. Both the Android 12 DP builds and the prior stable release can be found here.
Note: The download links for Android 12 DP for both the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro have been deleted from the OnePlus’ forum thread. “Links were temporarily deleted, based on user feedback,” the company said. The links, however, are active in the forum post’s French translation.
Download Android 12 Developer Preview Update for OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post
- OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post (French)
IMPORTANT NOTE: as of now DO NOT update your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro to Android 12 DP, as some users have experienced boot loops. We’ll update it as soon as OnePlus releases updated links.
Download Android 11 Stable for OnePlus 9
Download Android 11 Stable for OnePlus 9 Pro
- Make sure you have a complete backup of your phone.
- Make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
- We ask that you carefully follow the procedures so that you can upgrade your phone without causing any damage.
How to install Android 12 Developer Preview on OnePlus 9 (Pro)
- To begin, you must first obtain the Android 12 DP version from the aforementioned download sources.
- Copy the file to your phone’s storage now (outside of every folder)
- Then go to system settings > system updates > hover over the hover symbol in the upper right corner > local upgrade > choose the file.
- When you’re finished, restart your device.
- That is all there is to it.
You may now use your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro with the Android 12 developer preview version, also known as the Beta Update, on your device. If you’re having problems, you may go back to the previous stable build by downloading the build file from the links above. That is all there is to it.
Update: OnePlus Reopens the Android 12 Beta update
After the Google event, OnePlus launched the Android 12 Beta. OnePlus, however, shut down links due to the bootloop issues.
However, OnePlus has restarted the Android 12 beta for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. Because this is a long-awaited release, you can expect a smooth installation. However, because this is an open beta of Android 12, you must proceed with caution while installing the upgrade. Also, before you begin, make sure you have a complete backup.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment in the section below. Also, please spread the word about this article to your friends.