OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro OxygenOS 13 Android 13 Update is official
OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro OxygenOS 13 Android 13 based update is official, this is among the first flagship phone to get the update. You can now upgrade your OnePlus 9 series smartphone to the stable Android 13 update. The stable build arrives two months after the open beta build. Everything about the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro Android 13 update can be found here.
Oneplus 9 specs
OnePlus 9 is officially announced on March 23, 2021. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 Octa-core and it comes with 6.55 inches Fluid AMOLED screen. The resolution of the screen is 1080 x 2400 pixels while it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
The sensor includes Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass, color spectrum. The device is pack with 8 GB and 12 GB RAM while the internal storage is 128 GB and 512 GB.
It is pack with 48 MP (wide) + 50 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (depth) with Hasselblad Color Calibration, dual-LED flash, HDR, and panorama. On the front, there is a 16 MP (wide).
OnePlus 9 is fueled with a Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery + Fast charging 65W, 1-100% in 29 min (advertised) + Fast wireless charging 15W (EU/NA only) + USB Power Delivery.
OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro OxygenOS 13 android 13 update
OnePlus has officially confirmed the rollout on its community forum and as per the details, the update goes live in all three regions – Europe, India, and North America. The update is seeding with
- NE2215_11.F.16 in the NA region,
- LE2113_11.F.16 in the EU, and
- LE2111_11.F.16 in India on the OnePlus 9.
If you own the Pro model, then you will receive the new build with
- LE2125_11.F.16 in NA,
- LE2123_11.F.16 in EU, and
- LE2121_11.F.16 in India.
The company has mentioned that the upgrade will be available first to those who participated in the open beta program and later pushed to the other users. Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 is a big upgrade for the OnePlus 9 series phones, since it is a big upgrade, it weighs a whopping 4.92GB in size for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro OxygenOS 13 update, I suggest you download it over a WiFi connection.
Talking about the changes, the Android 13 update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro is seeding with features like
OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro OxygenOS 13 update features
- Aquamorphic design elements to the OS,
- a new world clock widget for the home screen,
- a Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 upgrade,
- the ability to create large folders on home screen,
- media playback control optimization to the Quick Settings,
- new markup tools for screenshot editing, s
- idebar toolbox for managing floating window apps,
- a number of optimizations for Always-On display,
- HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance, and more.
Check out the complete list of changes here.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps).
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit ambient light reminders and Eye-protecting display features.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
Now if you own the OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro and want to upgrade to the new software, then you can go to the Software upgrades settings and check if there’s a new update available or not. In case the update is not available yet, you can wait for a few days. OnePlus usually releases major upgrades in a staged manner.
If you are in a hurry, then you can upgrade your phone manually using the OnePlus updater app, then sideload it using the local upgrade method. Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.