The latest iteration of the Windows operating system, Windows 11 Build 23493, is now accessible for download within the esteemed Dev channel of the Windows Insider Programme. The software boasts a multitude of compelling functionalities, including a preview of Windows Copilot and seamless integration with widely-used archive formats such as .rar, .rar, .7z, and others. The features that are encompassed within the present preview update are anticipated to be incorporated into the production channel alongside Windows 11 23H2.
The latest iteration of Windows, Windows 11 Build 23493, introduces a noteworthy enhancement by incorporating built-in support for popular archive formats like rar and 7zp. This functionality allows users to conveniently extract the contents of any archive by simply right-clicking on it and selecting the desired destination folder on their device. In a similar fashion, users have the ability to effortlessly click on folders or files and proceed to archive them within the confines of the supported archives listed below:
- .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .tar.zst, .tar.xz, .tgz
- .tbz2, .tzst, .txz
- .rar, .7z
Microsoft says it knows at least one annoying issue in the update related to the archives support. For example, when you’re in File Explorer and try to copy files out of large archives or use Windows 11’s built-in “Extract All, ” the performance could be slower than expected.
How to install Windows 11 Build 23493
To install Windows 11 Build 23493, follow these steps:
- Signup for Windows Insiders Program.
- Open the Settings page.
- Switch to Dev Channel.
- Click on “Check for updates“.
- Select “Download & Install”.
- Click on “Restart now”.
You’ll be getting these features as part of the Windows 11 23H2 update in the fall.
- Windows 11 Preview Build 23541 fixes explorer.exe crash
- Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22631.2265 adds COLRv1 3D Emojis to Beta.
- Microsoft releases Windows 11 Preview Build 23536 and 25941
- How To Copy Text From Images In Windows 11
- How To Use Windows Help and Support On Windows 10