Apple has started rolling out the watchOS 7.5 update which includes a slew of new features to the general public after seeding the release candidate to developers last week. As well, the update has a slew of new additions, enhancements, and bug fixes. In terms of specifics, the new build adds subscription material to the Podcasts platform, as well as a few other enhancements. You will find out what you need to know about the watchOS 7.5 public update right here.
Apple has released a new software update for the Apple Watch with the build number 18T567, which is about 220MB in size. Apple Watch Series 3 and later versions, of course, are compatible with watchOS 7.5. Any Apple Watch owner can upgrade to a newer build and try out the latest features for free.
Apple Card Family and Subscription Podcast service have been added to the Apple Watch with this gradual update. Aside from that, the new version adds support for Malaysia and Peru’s ECG app and erratic heart rhythm alerts. With this build, we can also expect system-wide upgrades. Before sideloading the watchOS 7.5 update on your Apple Watch, you can review the full changelog here.
watchOS 7.5 Update – What’s New
watchOS 7.5 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes:
- Access to subscription content in the Podcasts app
- Apple Card allows members to track expenses, manage spending, and build credit together with a Family Sharing group
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Malaysia and Peru
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Malaysia and Peru
Please see https://support.apple.com/HT201222 for further details on the security content of Apple product updates.
Download watchOS 7.5 Update
Along with the watchOS 7.5 public build, Apple also seeded iOS 14.6 / iPadOS 14.6. You can quickly sideload the updated watchOS 7.5 public update on your Apple Watch after upgrading your iPhone to the latest edition. To upgrade your Apple Watch to the latest version, follow the steps below.
Note: If you update your Apple Watch via an over-the-air update, you won’t lose any data (aka OTA).
- Check that your Apple Watch is at least 50% charged and is attached to the battery.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet through Wi-Fi.
- Check to see if your iPhone is running iOS 14.6.
How to install watchOS 7.5 Update on Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone first.
- My Watch can be found by tapping it.
- From the drop-down menu choose General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- To validate, enter the password.
- Accept the terms and conditions by tapping Agree.
- After that, press the install button.
- That is what there is to it.
That is what there is to it. You can now use your Apple Watch with the public watchOS 7.5 upgrade.