Samsung has commenced the testing phase for One UI 5.1.1, a highly anticipated update that is rumored to be the final significant release in the One UI 5 series before the much-anticipated One UI 6 becomes available. The initial recipient of the One UI 5.1.1 beta update is none other than the Galaxy Z Fold 4.
The latest beta version of One UI, namely One UI 5.1.1, is now available for users of the Galaxy Z Fold 4 in South Korea. Upon reviewing the comprehensive changelog, it becomes evident that the One UI 5.1.1 update is far from a minor enhancement. The availability of the update in other regions remains uncertain at this time. It is important to mention that the update may have limitations in terms of device compatibility, specifically targeting devices with larger displays such as foldable smartphones and tablets.
The new beta update for the Galaxy Z Fold 4, labeled as One UI 5.1.1, was discovered by tipster @UniverseIce. The tipster shared screenshots of the banner and the changelog, providing a glimpse into the update. The software version for the beta update is F936NKSU2ZWFB. And the update weighs around 2200MB.
A Samsung community user shared a translated changelog. You can check the complete changelog below.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 One UI 5.1.1 Features
- Improved app preview on the Recent Apps screen: You can preview an app’s running state, such as split-screen, full-screen, or pop-up, on the Recent Apps screen.
- Switch directly from pop-up screen to split screen: You can easily switch to split screen by pressing and holding the handle at the top of the pop-up window and dragging it to the desired side.
- Move the pop-up to the side and easily re-light it to come: Move the pop-up screen to the side for a while, and easily bring it back when you need it. You can drag the pop-up screen sideways to move it out of your view, then tap it again to bring it back to its original position.
- Check minimized apps with S Pen: When you move the S Pen over the minimized app’s icon, a preview is displayed so you can see what the app will look like when launched.
- Show more recent apps on the taskbar: Up to 4 recently used apps can be displayed on the taskbar.
- Adjust the taskbar area according to the number of icons: If there are 7 or fewer icons displayed on the taskbar, the taskbar area is automatically adjusted to make it easier to select the home button, recent apps button, and back button at the bottom of the screen.
- More Apps in Flex Mode Panel: You can now use Flex Mode Panel in a variety of apps that support multi-window screens. Turn on the Flex Mode panel option, fold the phone, and press the button displayed on the navigation bar.
- Make media control easier: In the flex mode panel, you’ll see buttons to jump forward or backward 10 seconds, and pressing the time bar will time the point where you’re holding it to get you exactly where you want it.
- Customize the Toolbar: Customize the toolbar of the Flex Mode panel as you like, and easily perform various functions such as split screen view and screen capture. You can add, remove, reorder, or move an icon by long-pressing it.
- Sharing people by contact: You can share files whenever you want, even if the person you want to share with isn’t close.
- Share important content securely: To protect shared content more securely, you can cancel sharing at any time or set a due date on the shared file.
Camera and Gallery
- You can change the date and time notation of the watermark to suit your style.
- Improved design of Flex Mode in Pro Mode: To make it easier to shoot the way you want, manual setting options such as ISO and shutter speed are displayed across the entire lower area of the screen when the phone is folded in Pro and Pro Video modes.
- Select multiple photos at once in capture view: When using capture view on the main screen, you can select multiple photos by long-pressing them. Easily select multiple photos and share or delete them all at once.
- More convenient remaster preview: Thumbnails are displayed below the image being remastered, and by clicking on the thumbnail, you can compare the remastered version and the original side by side on a larger screen.
- Apply effects with ease: The sliders have been replaced with dials, allowing you to fine-tune filters and tonal effects with one hand in the gallery.
- Copy and paste effects: You can copy the tones and filters applied to your favorite photos and paste them into other photos.
- Drag and drop with both hands: Tap and drag files, photos, and other items with one hand, and select a location or folder with the other hand. The feature is available in My Files and on the Home screen.
- Use your phone while charging other devices with wireless battery sharing: If you open your phone with the main screen facing down, you can charge your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other devices with wireless battery sharing on the other screen while continuing to use your phone on the cover screen.
- Efficient storage management: When the remaining built-in storage space is less than 5GB or 10%, My Files displays app cache information. Easily free up space without having to delete apps or files.
- Improvements to Device Care’s memory management feature: Provides more detailed information about apps using your phone’s memory, and lets you easily put apps that use too much memory into a sleep state.
- Change the mode directly from the lock screen to the mode you want, such as sleep mode or driving mode.
- Customize the Samsung Internet screen layout to your taste: If you move the address bar to the bottom of the screen, the tab bar and bookmark bar are also displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Some of the features from the changelog might be missing since it is a translated list.
Those who have registered for the beta update already receiving One UI 5.1.1 beta on their Galaxy Z Fold 4. And in case you want to test One UI 5.1.1 beta on your Galaxy Z Fold 4 you can check for the beta program notice in the Samsung Members app. Remember the beta is currently available in South Korea, so it may not appear for users in other regions. To check for the update go to Settings > Software Update.