The Realme 8 5G Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 Update comes with firmware version RMX3241_11.C.03. However, to receive Realme UI 3.0, your 8 5G should be running the firmware with version RMX3241_11.A.16.
The Realme 8 5G Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 Update brings the usual Android 12 and Realme UI 3.0 goodies to the Realme 8 5G, meaning a refreshed design and new features. You can check the complete changelog of the update below, which is the same for both smartphones.
The Realme 8 5G Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 Update is currently seeding in India to a limited number of users, and a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no bugs are found.
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• Adds Smart Assistant widgets that show key information of apps and provide instant access to functions.
• Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
• Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
• Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring more natural user experience.
Convenience & efficiency
• FlexDrop is renamed as Flexible Windows and is optimized:
– Optimizes the method of switching the floating windows between different sizes.
Security and privacy
• Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
• Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
• Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
• In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
• Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
• Optimizes accessibility:
– Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
– Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
– TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
How to rollback to realme UI 2.0 version
Step 1: Download the rollback package on your phone and remember the location.
Turn off your phone–>Long press the volume down and power buttons at the same time enter recovery mode–>Choose the language –>Install from storage–> Input your screen-locked password–>Find & tap the rollback package to go back to the previous version.