The OnePlus 8T receives an incremental upgrade with the June 2021 monthly security patch, following the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Although this is a minor OTA update for the OnePlus 8T, it includes system enhancements as well as a camera app repair. OnePlus releases OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 Update for OnePlus 8T. Here’s everything you need to know about the update.
In various locations, the most recent incremental update is presented with various names. The updated build is known as OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 in Europe and India, with version numbers of 22.214.171.124.KB05BA / 126.96.36.199.KB05DA. The update is available in North Amera with the version number 188.8.131.52.KB05AA.
It is going out over-the-air for OnePlus 8T customers as it is a stable upgrade. For downloading, the incremental OTA is roughly 131MB in size. Thankfully, many OnePlus 8T customers have already received the update through OTA.
In terms of updates, the most recent version for the OnePlus 8T includes the June 2021 monthly security patch as well as system enhancements. The issue of capturing photos in 48MP mode is also addressed by OnePlus. You may now use the 48MP camera option in the default camera app once more. Before you download the update, have a look at the whole changelog.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 Update – Changelog
- Optimized mobile phone performance
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.06
- Fixed the issue that shooting button fails when taking pictures at 48M picture format
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 Update for OnePlus 8T
The new incremental update hitting OnePlus 8T in batches. It means some users may have already received the update by now while the remaining users have to wait for the update. In case you want to check for the update go to Settings > System > System Update. And once you see the latest update click on Download & Install to get the update.
If you want to install the update immediately then you can install it manually with the given method.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Backup your data
Steps to Update OnePlus 8T to OxygenOS 18.104.22.168
- Download the latest OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 Zip file from the OnePlus forum or Oxygen Updater app.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS update.
If you have any questions, please leave a remark in the space below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.