OnePlus launched the ninth open-beta update of OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 series last month, while the OnePlus 8T received open beta 4 build. The upgrade focused on bug fixes and enhancements. The OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 beta build for the OnePlus 8 pair is now available. The OnePlus 8T is now available with the open beta 5 brandings. The great thing about this upgrade is that it is a large update that includes a slew of new additions and enhancements. You will find information about the OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 update and the OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 update on this page.
The new open beta build for the OnePlus 8T is labeled OnePlus8T_O2_Beta_5, while the OnePlus 8 Pro is labeled OnePlus8Pro_O2_Beta_10. The new patch for the OnePlus 8T is approximately 141MB in size. While the whole firmware is approximately 3.21GB in size. The latest upgrade includes the May 2021 monthly security fix as well as a slew of new updates.
In terms of updates, the most recent OxygenOS open beta adds BitMoji AOD functionality to the OnePlus 8 lineup. Aside from that, OnePlus fixes a slew of glitches, including mobile data icons in the status bar, recording with headphones issues, Settings system title issues, and a slew of others. In terms of updates, the camera app now has a clearer video preview shot in 4K 60fps format, better compatibility with the OnePlus Buds, and a few other tweaks. Here is the full changelog, which you can review before beginning the upgrade phase.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 – Changelog
- Improved the text display of the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with the Setting’s title when the Freeform Windows is enabled
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar displays two SIM cards’ mobile data icons at the same time
- Fixed the small probability issue that some covers of third-party music apps still display as lock screen even the music notification is removed
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on the condition of date, time, weather and the music listening. (Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji)
- Improved the audio experience when the phone is connected with OnePlus watch and OnePlus buds
- Fixed the issue that the call recording list is not updated in time after the system is upgraded
- Fixed the small probability issue that the details page of Contact is not displayed
- Fixed the issue that the calling content is not displayed
- Improved the video preview clarity under 4K 60FPS mode
- Improved the connection stability with OnePlus Buds
- Fixed the small probability issue that the non-default data SIM card in gaming mode can’t get access to 4G network
- Fixed the issue that the nearby Wi-Fi network cannot be switched intelligently
- Fixed the occasional failure to connect to Wi-Fi network
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 Update
If you have a OnePlus 8 smartphone and are experiencing some of the above problems, you can easily upgrade to the newer version. Before upgrading your phone’s apps, make sure it’s fully charged and that you have a proper backup of your results.
Go to Settings > System > System Updates to upgrade your software from open beta to second open beta. It will look for the new update and show it to you. To begin the process, click Download & Install.
The company has also provided instructions on how to use the BitMoji AOD feature. Here’s how to make it work on your mobile.
- Bitmoji – update Bitmoji App in Google Play – Settings – Customization – Clock on the ambient monitor – Bitmoji
- Please use your ID to log in; if you don’t have one, please create one. Create your characters and save the Cartoon Character Pack by pressing the save button.
- Return to the Settings screen once more. – Customization – Clock on the ambient monitor- Bitmoji, save it by clicking Options.