Aside from the Pixel phones, Android 12 is also available for a limited number of non-pixel phones. OnePlus is also one of the first mobile OEMs to release the Android 12 update via the early adopter program. The recently released OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro are now eligible for the Android 12 Developer Preview Program. While the build is now available for users, if you’re in a hurry and want to try out the new features of Android 12, here’s how to update Android 12 Developer Preview on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
OnePlus today launched the first Android 12 build for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. When discussing the developer preview software on its community page, the company notes that this version has several compatibility issues; a full list of identified vulnerabilities can be found in the following section. PS: We don’t suggest installing these builds on your main phone.
The Android 12 developer preview build is approximately 3GB in size and is available for download. In terms of updates and features, we should anticipate that OnePlus 9 series users will be able to experience the latest Android 12 features. The upgrade also includes many system optimizations, increased privacy protection, and overall system upgrades. Before proceeding to the installation portion, you can study the known issues with the OnePlus 9 series Android 12 Developer Preview update.
OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview – Known Issues
- When flashing the prototype, all data will be cleared.
- The video call feature is not available
- Fingerprint and face unlock are not available.
- Certain UI displays seem to be less than desirable.
- Most applications might not work as intended.
- Problems with system reliability
Install the Android 12 Developer Preview Update for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
Since it is a developer preview version, it will not be available via OTA updates; instead, you must manually sideload it to your device. You can download Android 12 Developer Preview builds from the links given below. Since there is a possibility of bricking the system, make a full backup of all records. You can still go back to the stable version. Here are similarities to both the Android 12 DP builds as well as the previous stable version.
Note: OnePlus has deleted the Android 12 DP download links for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro from its forum post. According to the company, “links is briefly withdrawn based on user feedback.” The ties, however, are active on the French-translated edition of the forum page.
Install the Android 12 Developer Preview Update for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
- OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post
- OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post (French)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR OnePlus 9 OR 9 PRO TO ANDROID 12 DP YET, as some users have recorded boot loops. We’ll refresh it as soon as OnePlus posts new connections.
Download Android 11 Stable for OnePlus 9
Download Android 11 Stable for OnePlus 9 Pro
- Make a complete backup of your phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% capacity.
- We ask that you carefully follow the steps so that you can successfully upgrade your phone without causing any damage.
How to install Android 12 Developer Preview on OnePlus 9 (Pro)
- To begin, download the Android 12 DP build from the download links provided.
- Copy the kit to your phone’s storage now (outside of every folder).
- Then go to device configuration > system upgrades > click on the hover icon in the top right corner > local upgrade > pick the file.
- When you’re done, restart your computer.
- That is what there is to it.
You can now use your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro with the Android 12 developer preview update, also known as the Beta Update. If you encounter any problems, you can revert to the previous stable build by downloading the build file from the links provided. That is what there is to it.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section. Also, please forward this post to your colleagues.