The Chinese manufacturer has begun to deploy the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 9R smartphone customers. Furthermore, this update is solely available to Indian users and includes new and intriguing features and enhancements.
According to the latest reports, the OnePlus 9R in India has gotten the newest OxygenOS 13 open beta 2 upgrade. To successfully update to this build, ensure that your device is running the most recent OxygenOS 12 version (C.35). Check out the changelog and some of the known issues.
The charging icon is displayed abnormally on the lock screen in some scenarios.
The voice-to-text function cannot be opened by gestures in some scenarios.
OnePlus 9R/OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Changelog:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
• Optimizes the pre-launch capabilities of Quick startup to load games faster.
Ready to get started on Open Beta for OxygenOS 13?
Additionally, this is a beta software update and is not as stable as our official OTA. Hence, it can bring some critical bugs and issues, and some banking apps and third-party apps do not work properly. That’s why we recommend that you do not install this beta software update on your daily-use phone.
Download OnePlus 9R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Update:
Firstly, download the latest ROM Upgrade Zip file from the specified server.
Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password; now you are in developer mode.
From here, go back to Settings, then scroll down and tap on the About device and click on the Up to date menu. Now, click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart, and it’s done.
We suggest you take a backup of important data to prevent unwanted data loss. Next, make sure your device has sufficient battery levels so that your smartphone won’t run out of power while installing the software update. Additionally, Please be sure that the phone has a minimum of 5.5GB of storage.
Want to go back to Android 12? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
(Please ensure your version is Open Beta 2 version (F.14), downgrading from Open Beta 1 version with this package may make your device bricked.)