The latest Android 14 update is now available for Nothing’s new Phone 2 smartphone. Phone 1 should be updated soon. This post covers manually updating your Nothing Phone to the current Android version. These procedures also work for later Android versions.
Android updates, including custom OS updates based on Android, are usually released in batches, taking days or weeks to complete. Some users will get upgrades early, while others may wait. If you want the update early, manually update your phone using these techniques.
Manual updating is useful when you don’t get a notification for an available update. Manually checking for updates lets you get the new update right away.
These are the points you must follow if you are planning to update your device.
- Take a backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
You will not lose your data, but it is still important to take backups to avoid any bad circumstances.
Update Nothing Phone from Settings
When an official update is available for your device but you don’t receive a notification about it, this method works. This approach must be followed before any other method may be considered. The task at hand is:
- Connect your Nothing Phone to an active internet connection.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Now go to System > System Update.
- If there is an update, it will appear. Tap Download and Install.
- At last, you will need to reboot your phone and enjoy the new update.
Manually update Nothing Phone using OTA Zip
When an update is ready, many users will download and share the OTA zip file. As an example, Nothing Phone 2 now has the OTA file for Android 14 and Nothing OS 2.5. Please be aware that the OTA file differs for each update and model. To prevent any potential device malfunctions brought on by using the incorrect file, it is crucial to download the correct one.
- Update your Nothing Phone to the latest build available on your phone using the first method.
- Now download the OTA zip file for the update that isn’t available on your phone yet. You can find it on platforms like Google, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Make sure to look for a stable OTA file.
- Create a Folder in Internal Storage and name it OTA. Move the downloaded OTA Zip file in the ota folder.
- Now open the Dialer on your phone and enter *#*#682#*#*.
- When you enter the code, it will open the Nothing Offline OTA Update page. Now load your OTA file from the dropdown menu.
- Once the file is loaded tap ‘Directly apply OTA from select’ and confirm.
- Now wait for the update process to complete. After completion you will get a pop-up for Reboot. Choose confirmation to reboot your phone.
The reboot will take time depending on the update size. So don’t panic and wait for the device to boot into the system. Once done, you can enjoy the new update
Install Beta Update on Nothing Phone Manually
Nothing provides an opportunity for interested users to try the new update before the official release through the beta program. The open beta builds are generally close to the stable build and free of major bugs. If a beta is available for your device, and you wish to participate, you can follow this method to manually install the new beta.
- Make sure to update to the latest available update using the first method.
- Download and Install the required installer apk on your Phone. The company usually shares the link in announcement page like this one. Make sure to download the apk meant for your device.
- After installing the app, go to Settings > System > Update to Beta version.
- Now tap Check for new version and follow the on-screen steps.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy the update.
Important: The APK file varies by model, so ensure you download the correct APK for your phone. Use the official beta announcement page in Nothing community.