Apple‘s new AirPods Pro 2 with iOS 17 have been unveiled, and they boast a number of exciting improvements. The new Adaptive Audio feature in the AirPods Pro 2 from Apple uses machine learning to seamlessly combine the transparency mode and active noise cancellation.
iOS 17 Adaptive audio feature:
Adaptive Audio, introduced in iOS 17, is a fantastic new addition that intelligently combines Transparency mode and Active Noise Cancellation to create a fantastic listening experience. It can automatically regulate and lower the volume of loud and distracting noise around you, while allowing other sounds to pass through unaffected.
The Adaptive audio feature uses three different features which are similar to the adaptive audio. They are:
- Active noise cancellation/control: this feature helps to control and reduce the external loud and distracting noise.
- Personalized volume: this feature also uses machine learning and provides you better listening experience by adjusting media control according to your surroundings.
- Conversation awareness: this feature lowers your music volume and focuses on the voices around you while you are talking.
In addition to these features, as mentioned above, the Adaptive audio feature also helps reduce the noise around you while you are on the call.
How to turn on the Adaptive audio feature?
You can use the Adaptive audio feature in a few steps. Since the adaptive audio is only available in AirPods Pro 2, you must install iOS 17 beta and AirPods beta on your iPhone. After installing, follow these steps:
- After installing, look for the popup screen which says to turn on the AirPods Pro 2. In case you don’t see the screen, you can turn them on manually.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone and ensure your AirPods are connected.
- Long press on the volume/AirPods slider.
- Tap the Noise Control Button.
- Choose the Adaptive option.
- Once this is done, now your AirPods Pro will automatically switch between the transparency mode and the noise cancellation.