Here is the step by step instructions on How to install Android ADB Driver manually on Windows Computer.
Most tech experts could take this a step further, and execute ADB and Fastboot Commands. They could then unlock the bootloader, flash custom ROMs, install a custom recovery like TWRP or root their devices. But for most of these tweaks to be carried out, you will have to connect your device to a PC via USB cable. In turn, your PC should be able to recognize the connected device. And this is only possible when you have the necessary drivers installed. In that regard, you could download and install the latest Android USB Drivers for Windows and Mac from this guide.
Why we need USB Drivers?
One important question that might come to your mind is why you need to install these drivers. Yes there are so many reasons for the installation of USB Drivers, below are some tip of the iceberg
1. File transfers
2. Making use of MIDI or PTP mode
3. Share your device’s internet connection via USB Tethering
4. Unlocking of the bootloader
installing a custom recovery like TWRP, and gaining administrative privileges in the root form. Likewise, the ADB and Fastboot commands can only be executed using your PC. But for all these aforementioned tasks to be successful, there exists a major requirement. Your PC should have the necessary USB drivers installed. In this regard, you could take either the manual or automatic route. This guide will focus on, How to install the Android USB driver manually.
Prerequisites: You need to have the Windows Computer and the Android ADB Driver (.inf based) to follow the below guidelines.
How to install Android USB Driver (.inf) manually
- Download and extract the Android USB Driver (.inf based) on the Computer. If in case, you have already downloaded and extracted the driver, then SKIP this step.
2. Open Device Manager on the Computer. Press Win + R key from the keyboard and type devmgmt.msc and Click on OK Button:
3. Once the Device Manager is Launched, Click on the Computer Name (name can vary from the image below):
4. Click on the Action Menu and Select Add Legacy Hardware option:
5. Under Add hardware Dialog Box, Click on the Next Button:
6. Tick on the Install the hardware that I manually select from a list checkbox and Click on the Next Button:
7. Click on the Next Button:
Then Click on the Have Disk Button:
8. Click on the Browse Button:
Locate the .inf file from the computer (this file can be found in the extracted driver folder).
Click on the OK Button:
9. Click on the Next button:
Again Click on the Next button:
Click on the Finish button to complete the installation process (ignore Code 10; it will be gone post restarting the computer).
Your driver is listed in the Device Manager.
Now, Restart the Computer. Once the computer is restarted, you can now easily connect your smartphone to the computer.
Read me once
[*] Install Android USB drivers for Mac OS: Mac is rather easy as compared to windows. All you need to do is install Android File Transfer for Mac, and you’re good to go. It will automatically connect Android devices and your Mac computer to share media
[*] Driver Signature Error: If you are facing Driver Signature Error While installing the USB Driver, then head over to the How to Fix Driver Signature Error page.
[*] Download Link: We have used the Android ADB Driver to create the above manual. If you wish, you can download the same driver from here.
[*] Compatibility: (The steps above are compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10).