OnePlus Scout, a new special feature, was introduced in India in August 2020. This feature allows users to search for anything on their device using a single unified search box provided by the OxygenOS launcher app. This article will explain how to use the OnePlus Scout on an OxygenOS 12.1 device.
OnePlus Scout Feature:
The OxygenOS 12.1 Scout is a special feature found in the OxygenOS launcher app. This feature allows you to search across apps for detailed results. The search bar on the OnePlus Shelf allows you to quickly find contacts, documents, media, music, files, and more.
This OxygenOS Scout feature allows you to look up news, weather, and other information directly from the web and apps installed on your device. Furthermore, the feature allows you to search for nearby locations, restaurants, or places, as well as solve simple match problems or queries by using the Calculator.
How To Use The OnePlus Scout Feature:
- Firstly, open OnePus Shelf mode:
- Search anything on the Shelf, Search box
- Tap on the app like Chrome, Maps, and Play Store
- Finally, find a result
Customize The OnePlus Scout Feature:
The OnePlus Scout feature brings multiple customization settings, which help you to your search results based on your needs. The Scout customization settings allow you to choose result preferences, search tips, and web. This feature required permissions like Contacts, Location, and File and Media for searching relevant information from the installed app or web.
How To Customize The OnePlus Scout Feature:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Scroll down and tap on Special features
- Tap on the Scout
- Here, you will see the following option to enable/disable by toggle.
- Show results from apps not installed
- Enable search tips
- Other permissions
- Files and Media
- OnePlus 10T OxygenOS 13 Update Issues And How to fit it
- How To Use OnePlus Nearby Share
- How To Fix OnePlus Google Map Issue
- How to use RAM Expansion In Realme Devices
- How To Sign Up For ColorOS Beta Testing Program