If you own a OnePlus device and wish to update the firmware, you can do so with the MSM Download Tool. This tool is intended for flashing firmware on OnePlus devices and can be used to resolve a variety of issues with your handset. We’ll show you how to utilize the MSM Download Tool for OnePlus devices in this article.
Please keep in mind that this is a complex process that may cause damage to your device. Before flashing any firmware, please proceed with caution and make a backup of your data.
The MSM Download Tool is standard with the OnePlus 9 Pro and previous models. If you’re not sure where to purchase these ROMs, check out this page on our website. If you have a phone that was released after the OnePlus 9 Pro, you will need to pay money and have an authorized account in order to install a stock rom on this phone using the MSM Download Tool.
How To Use MSM Download Tool
Step 1 Prepare Stock ROM
- Download and install Qualcomm USB Drivers
- Download OnePlus Stock ROM
- Extract Zip file
- Open MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe
- Select user type to Others
Step 2: Boot Your OnePlus Device into EDL Mode and Start
To use the MSM Download Tool, you’ll need to boot your OnePlus device into EDL (Emergency Download) mode. Follow these steps to boot your device into EDL mode:
- Power off your OnePlus device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on your device.
- While holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Keep holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons until your device boots into EDL mode.
- You can check by pressing the ENUM button to make sure it is in EDL mode.
- Select target to O2 if possible
- Press start button.
You’ll see the ROM is flashing.
Once the flashing process is complete, disconnect your OnePlus device from your computer and power it on. Your device should now be running the latest firmware.
MSM Download Tool is a useful tool for flashing firmware on OnePlus devices. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can use the tool to fix various issues with your device. Just remember to proceed with caution and make sure to back up your data before flashing any firmware.
- OnePlus System Launcher Update New Improvements
- OnePlus 10 Pro Gets OxygenOS 13.1 update (U: V521, Global)
- OnePlus Health App: Download Latest Update V2.6.14
- OxygenOS 13.1 O Relax Feature Added
- OxygenOS 13: Customize Font & Display Size