There are two types of bricks that Motorola Edge X30 users may encounter: soft bricks and hard bricks.
When a software or firmware problem causes a device to “soft brick,” it becomes frozen at the startup logo or animation and cannot be restarted.
At this point, the device has hard bricked and will not boot into fastboot or recovery mode, let alone display any kind of boot logo or animation. When plugged into a computer, it displays only the 9008 USB COM driver/device.
If you’re experiencing a soft or hard brick on your Motorola Edge X30, you can get it working again by following the steps outlined below.
How To Fix Soft brick/ Bootloop (Fastboot)
- Download Stock ROM: download latest firmware for your device from Here (Retail)
- Flash Stock ROM: You can flash global ROM on your device flashfile.xml
- parse the flash.xml you will get flashfile.bat file, just run it and plug device in fastboot mod
- Wipe data and cache: After flashing the global ROM, it’s a good idea to wipe the data and cache partitions to ensure that your device runs smoothly.
- Reboot your device: Finally, reboot your device and set it up with your Google account.