When using a phone or PC, we sometimes need to capture the screen for future reference or other reasons. Take a screenshot of the screen if you find important data while working on a task to share with colleagues. Screenshots are also useful for sharing funny memes with friends and family.
As a daily tool, device screenshots have many uses. To simplify screenshotting the Google Pixel Fold inner and outer displays, we’ve compiled some key methods.
Without wasting any time, let’s jump into the first method.
Take a Screenshot on Google Pixel Fold using Buttons
The basic method and one of the oldest methods to take a screenshot is by using key combinations. Almost every phone has some sort of key combination that let users take screenshots with ease. Here is the process for Google Pixel Fold.
- First, go to the screen or page that you want to capture.
- Once you are on the desired page, press Power and Volume Down together.
- When you press both buttons at the same time, the device will capture the current screen.
- After screenshot, you will get some options or a set of tools that you can use to take actions on captured screenshots like, edit and delete.
The same shortcut can also be used on some other non-Pixel phones. If its not working on your non-pixel phone then you can try the Power and Volume Up button. In case the keys on your Pixel Fold are not working you can follow other methods.
Take a Screenshot on Google Pixel Fold using Google Assistant
If your keys are not working, don’t worry you can still take screenshots. Google Assitant is what you will need to capture screenshot on your Pixel Fold in almost every app. Here’s what you need to do:
- First make sure Google Assistant is set up.
- Go to the page that you want to capture in a screenshot.
- Launch the Google Assitant by swiping up from the bottom center and releasing before the middle screen or say Hey Google.
- If it’s not set up, you will need to follow the on-screen steps for setup.
- Now you can ask Google Assistant to take screenshot by voice or even by typing.
- Once you give the command, the screenshot will be taken.
So this is the second method you can follow to take screenshots on your Google Pixel Fold.
How to Take a Long Screenshot on Google Pixel Fold
If you find yourself needing to capture an entire webpage that extends beyond the boundaries of a single screen, you have the option to take a long or scrolling screenshot. This feature proves to be highly valuable for any content that exceeds the dimensions of a single screen, thereby ensuring comprehensive coverage and visibility. It is important to note that not all applications are equipped to support this particular feature, thus resulting in certain limitations.
- First, open the page or app that you want to capture in a screenshot. Scroll down and make sure all the contents on that page are loaded.
- Now take a normal screenshot on your Pixel Fold using the given methods.
- Once you take a screenshot, you will see the preview of the screenshot in the left corner with some options. If the page has more content you will see capture more button.
- Tap the ‘Capture More’ button and it will open a crop-like view.
- Extend the window till the content you want to capture.
- Now tap the Save button to save the long screenshot to the Gallery.
How to Access Screenshots on Google Pixel Fold
All the screenshots that you take on the Pixel Fold will be saved in a Screenshot Folder. You can check for the Screenshot Folder in DCIM or Pictures folder. If you don’t want to look it in File Manager you can view all your screenshots in the Photos app. Or you can directly go to Files app > Images > Screenshots.
Open the Gallery app and look for the Screenshot section and you will find all your screenshots there. You can then share the screenshot or take any action like edit, view, delete, etc.