There are two new, simple ways to sideload apps on an iOS device: Sideloadly and AltStore. To answer your question, yes, sideloading apps does not require jailbreaking your iPhone. If you’re looking to enhance your iPhone productivity or simply test out a beta version of an app, Sideloadly and AltStore app installers are your best bets. If you own an iOS device, like an iPhone or iPad, this tutorial will teach you how to sideload applications.
How does sideloading work?
The act of manually installing applications on an iPhone is known as sideloading. However, businesses consistently advise downloading official applications through the App Store. With a trusted IPA, also known as an iOS App Store Package, you can still sideload apps.
It was with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 that Apple first introduced the ability to sideload apps. Manual app installation is now possible on iOS 13 and later versions of the iPhone and iPad. This is on top of rumors suggesting that Apple’s forthcoming iOS 17 software might further simplify sideloading. According to a recent report, the EU is expected to receive the sideloading feature in early 2024.
You have learned about sideloading; next, tell me how to manually install apps on an iOS device. Come on, let’s find out.
- Sideloadly or AltStore
- Windows or Mac Desktop or Laptop
- iTunes and iCloud installed on your PC
- Apple ID (You can create a dummy account if you want)
- Lightning Cable for connecting iPhone or iPad to your Laptop
So, let’s take a look at the two easiest ways to install apps manually on iPhone or iPad.
How to Sideload Apps on iPhone manually using Sideloadly
- First things first, you need to download and install the Sideloadly app on your Windows or Mac.
- Launch the Sideloadly app on your PC or Laptop.
- Now enter your Apple account details and connect your iPhone or iPad to your system.
- Select the device on which you want to sideload the app.
- Now download the IPA file which you want to sideload on your iPhone or iPad.
- Drag and Drop the IPA on the Sideloadly tool’s IPA box.
- Once done, you can press the start button.
- Now it will ask you to enter your Apple ID’s password, enter it.
- You can see the application available on your iPhone’s or iPad’s home screen or app library.
- To open the app, you need to grant access to untrusted developers, you can do it by navigating to Settings > General > Device Management or VPN & Device Management, then grant access to the new developer.
- Now try opening the app again.
That’s it, by this simple way, you can sideload any IPA on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to use AltStore, then here are the details.
How to Sideload Apps on iPhone manually using AltStore
AltStore is another famous and easy way which help iPhone users install third-party IPAs. AltStore app lets you manage sideloaded apps on your iPhone, you can use its counterpart named, AltServer on your PC, which lets you allow sideloading apps on your iOS device. Now let’s move to the steps of sideloading apps on iPhone.
How to Sideload Apps on iPhone manually using AltStore on PC:
- Firstly, install AltStore on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Open the AltStore, then log in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Now connect your iPhone to your PC using a Lightning cable.
- If you are connecting your device for the first time, then you need to grant access to your PC, by tapping the Trust button on your iPhone’s screen.
- Open iTunes on your PC then select your device. Mac users can head over to the Finder for these steps.
- Under the Options section, turn the toggle on for Sync with this phone over Wi-Fi, then select Apply.
- Once done, install the AltStore on your iPhone by opening the AltServer from the taskbar on your PC, then select the Install AltStore option.
How to Sideload Apps on iPhone manually using AltStore on an iPhone or iPad:
Before moving to the steps, you need to grant access to the third-party developers by navigating to Settings > General > Device Management or VPN & Device Management, then grant access to the new developer.
- Open the AltStore app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the My Apps tab from the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the + icon available at the top left corner, it will open the Files app on your iPhone to select the IPAs you want to sideload.
- Select the IPA which you want to install on your iPhone or iPad, after selecting the IPA, go back to the AltStore to see the installation progress.
- Once the app is installed, you can use it for seven days.
- That’s it.
- How to Add Second Face to iPhone Face ID
- Methods to Manually Update Nothing Phone
- How to Share iMessage Live Location on iPhone, iPad & Mac
- How To Enter OnePlus Recovery Mode
- How To Downgrade From One UI 6.0 To One UI 5.1