Apple removed physical SIM card slots from the iPhone 14 lineup in the United States last year, and the path continues with the iPhone 15 model. It’s worth mentioning that dual eSIM technology is only available in iPhones sold in the United States.
In other places of the world, the iPhone 15 has both an eSIM and a traditional SIM card port. However, if you live in the United States and are a new user of the iPhone 15 or iPhone 15 Pro models and are unsure how to get the eSIM stuff to function, you’ve come to the right place.
As previously noted, none of the iPhone 15 variants available in the United States include a physical SIM card slot. Having a handset that exclusively supports eSIM has numerous advantages, including the ability to swiftly and simply activate the eSIM at home. Furthermore, using eSIM improves your phone’s water resistance. In the future, we may see eSIM-only iPhones all over the world, removing the need for conventional SIM card ports entirely.
What is an eSIM on the iPhone 15 Series?
An eSIM is simply a digital SIM card that may be used with your iPhone. Using an eSIM, you may effortlessly activate your number, SIM services, and monthly mobile data plan. When using an iPhone, you can store up to 8 eSIM cards and use two eSIMs simultaneously. The only difference between an eSIM and a real SIM is that one is digital and the other is physical.
Preparations and Prerequisites
Adding an eSIM to your Apple iPhone 15 or 15 Pro is simple. When you want to utilize an eSIM on your iPhone 15 or iPhone 15 Pro, you need to have a few things ready.
- WiFi Network
- Your Apple iPhone 15 or 15 Pro
- Network Provider that has eSIM services
How to Set Up eSIM on iPhone 15 (15 Pro)
You can easily set up and use the eSIM service on your iPhone 15 and 15 Pro. The best part about all of this is that there are multiple ways for you to follow and you can easily choose the method of using and activating your eSIM on your new Apple iPhone 15 or 15 Pro.
How to Use eSIM Carrier Activation on iPhone 15 (15 Pro)
If your older phone has an Android with a physical SIM, you can utilise this method. The eSIM Carrier Activation process is the most efficient and quick way to use an eSIM on your new iPhone 15 or 15 Pro. However, before you proceed with this step, ensure that you have informed your network provider that you will require an eSIM. This must be completed as soon as your Apple iPhone 15 or 15 Pro is configured.
- Once your network provider has accepted your request for an eSIM on your Apple iPhone, you will get a notification on your iPhone right away.
- Open Settings and tap on the Provider Mobile Data Ready to be installed message.
- You need to tap on the Continue option displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you need to test and see if your eSIM has been activated by making a call either from your iPhone to your iPhone using another device.
- If the call goes through, your eSIM is working perfectly fine. If not, you will have to contact the network provider and ask them to verify what the issue seems to be.
How to Convert Physical SIM to eSIM on iPhone 15 (15 Pro)
Now, it can be possible that your network provider tells you that you will have to convert the physical SIM to an eSIM by yourself. Well, even this process is simple and easy. Just follow the steps we have mentioned below.
- On your iPhone 15 or 15 Pro, launch the Settings app.
- Now, tap on Mobile Data.
- You should see an option called Convert to eSIM. Make sure to tap on it.
- If your network provider has this option you will see the option.
- Now, tap on Connect Mobile Data Plan followed by Convert to eSIM.
- All you need to do is wait for your eSIM to get activated.
- Once the eSIM has been activated, you remove the physical SIM from the iPhone.
Do note that this method will work only for those iPhone 15 models that have a physical SIM slot. The iPhones in the United States will not be able to make use of this feature. However, you can use this method on older iPhones that have eSIM and physical SIM support.
How to Transfer eSIM from Old iPhone to iPhone 15 or 15 Pro
You can use this method to easily transfer your eSIM from an older iPhone to your new iPhone 15 or 15 Pro. The process is straightforward. Let’s get started.
- On your iPhone 15 launch the Settings app followed by Mobile Data and finally Add Data Plan.
- You can now choose the mobile data plan that you wish to use on the new iPhone. But, if you do not see any type of plan, simply tap on Transfer from another iPhone.
- Make note that the older iPhone needs to be running on at least iOS 16.
- Your older iPhone will now display a Transfer message. Tap on it to begin the transfer. If not, you will be asked to enter a verification code on the new iPhone.
- In a few minutes, the new data plan will be activated on your new iPhone. The eSIM on your older iPhone will now be deactivated.
- A Finish Setting Up banner will appear on your new iPhone. Tap on it to complete the network provider setup.
How to Setup eSIM for iPhone on AT&T Network
You can easily set an eSIM on your iPhone 15 if you have the AT&T Cellular Network by following these steps
- Launch your Web Browser and visit the AT&T website. Make sure to sign in with your AT&T account credentials.
- Now, click on the My Device option.
- Here, you will have to select the model of the phone you are using. In this case, select iPhone 15.
- Now, click on Options and Settings and finally click on get a new eSIM.
- You will have to enter a few details that will be necessary to get the new eSIM setup activated on your brand-new iPhone 15.
How to Setup eSIM For iPhone on Verizon Network
IPhone 15 owners who have Verizon cellular service can also get their eSIM setup and activated on their new iPhone. Here are the steps.
- Launch the My Version app on your iPhone or simply visit the website.
- Now, simply select the device that you want to set up the Verizon eSIM on.
- You will have to create your eSIM profile and enter the details that are necessary for the eSIM to be set up on your iPhone.
Additionally, you can ask Verizon to send you a QR Code that contains all the details for you to set up your iPhone 15’s eSIM right away.
How to Setup eSIM For iPhone on T-Mobile Network
T-Mobile is another great cellular network that has a lot of customers. If you are one of them who is upgrading to the iPhone 15 and need to get an eSIM, you can follow these steps.
- Launch the T-Mobile app on your iPhone or simply visit the T-Mobile website.
- Make sure to sign in with your T-Mobile account credentials.
- Now, select the device that you need to get the eSIM for. In this case, you select iPhone 15.
- Now, you need to set up an eSIM profile.
- Fill in the information that is required by T-Mobile.
- The instructions will be displayed on the screen itself.
Or, just like how Verizon lets you scan a QR Code to set up your eSIM, T-Mobile also provides you with the option to quickly set up and activate your eSIM with the help of the QR Code.
The guide provides instructions on setting up and activating eSIM on the iPhone 15, highlighting its increasing popularity in high-end flagship devices and its potential to simplify setup for budget smartphones.
- How to Install And Use RockChip USB driver
- How to Change the Action Button on an iPhone 15 Pro
- How to Download And Use RockChip Flash tools
- Apple releases Important iOS 17.0.1 security update
- Apple watchOS 10.0.1 fixes several security problems.