Already we all know that windows bring lots of option to customize your desktop background. But Windows can’t provide inbuild live wallpaper to use. So if you want to use live wallpaper then you need to install Rainmeter, Wallpaper engine, or other 3rd party apps. Which are good but heavy and not available in the Microsoft store. Here we share a 3rd party software that pretty lite and also available in the Microsoft store. Let’s follow the guide on how to set live wallpaper for Windows PC using Lively Wallpaper.
So far there has been no software in the Microsoft Store that allows the user to use live wallpaper. Now windows store gets an app that allows you to set live wallpapers on the desktop. Here we share a complete guide on how to set live wallpaper for Windows PC using Lively Wallpaper.
Lively Wallpaper is an open source app that available in GitHub. The app allows you to use video as a live wallpaper, also you can use YouTube videos as a live wallpaper. Lively Wallpaper supported most of the video format as like WebM, MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, M4V, and WMV. The best thing is you can you any direct video link as a live wallpaper on desktop. The app also supports dark mode and allows you to listen audio.
Lively Wallpaper comes with preloaded thirteen live wallpapers. Those wallpapers are beautiful, mouse responsive. You can import any video from local storage and use this wallpaper in any resolution. Also, Lively Wallpaper allows you to edit any live wallpaper with its live editor.
Let’s go to the main step to install Lively Wallpaper on your Windows computer and set live wallpaper on your Windows 10 desktop background.
How To Set Live Wallpaper for Windows PC using Lively Wallpaper
There are multiple ways to set live wallpaper on your desktop background, Including rainmeter skins, wallpaper engine, and other software. But all the software are not available in Windows Store, also some software is paid. Lively Wallpaper is completely free software and it is easy to use the app. Here we will guide you to set live wallpapers on Windows 10 desktop background.
Lively Wallpaper Features:
- Wallpaper playback is paused (0% resource usage) when running games/work.
- Supports multiple displays of any aspect ratio and resolution.
- Use Lively Audio API to make wallpapers that react to system audio.
- Use Lively System API to make widgets that show system information.
- Supports Light and Dark theme.
Steps to set live wallpaper for Windows PC
1. download Lively Wallpaper from Microsoft Store or you can download it from here.
2. If you download it from Microsoft Store then it will install directly on your PC. If you download the .exe file then you need to install it.
3. Once installed open the Lively Wallpaper on your desktop.
4. On the welcome screen, you can tap on the ‘Next’ option.
5. Now set the permission, so that the app runs in the background for live wallpaper playback. If you want to use it on Start with Windows then select the option and click on the ‘Next’ button.
6. The application takes you to the build-in wallpaper library.
7. Now select any wallpaper from the library and use it.
8. If you want to import live wallpaper then click on the ‘Add wallpaper (+)’ option.
9. Now add any video link or video path to use it.
10. That’s it.
This is one of the best live wallpaper applications on Windows desktop. The best thing is that you can download it directly from Microsoft Store and it easy to use.
Read me once:
[*] Compatibility: The above wallpaper applications can work for all Windows PC out there no matter the Spec.
[*] Android Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your android device, then head over to our Android Stock Firmware page.