WhatsApp, owned by Meta, is widely recognized as one of the most popular instant messaging applications. The platform enables users to send various types of content, such as text, documents, images, and more. Additionally, users can send voice and video messages to others on the platform, as well as make voice and video calls.
Although WhatsApp’s voice calls serve as a substitute for regular calls for many users, it does not provide the option to record voice or video calls. If you are interested in recording WhatsApp calls on your Android or iOS device, don’t worry. We have provided some alternative methods to help you achieve this.
How to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls on Android
Recording WhatsApp voice calls on Android is as easy as making normal phone calls. There is an app named Call Recorder: Cube ACR that allows users to record WhatsApp calls without paying anything. Here’s how you can install and use it:
Step 1: Open the Google Play Store on your phone and search for the Cube ACR.
Step 2: Click on Install to download the app on your Android phone.
Step 3: Once installed, open the app and complete the setup.
Step 4: Tap on the three-line icon at the top.
Step 5: Select Recording from the menu options that appear.
Now make a WhatsApp voice call and the app will record WhatsApp voice calls and save them to your device.
How do I record WhatsApp voice calls on my iPhone?
While there is no app that allows you to record WhatsApp voice calls on an iOS device, you can record them if you have a Mac computer. Follow the below steps to learn the full process.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to a Mac using a cable.
- Step 2: Tap Trust this computer on your iPhone.
- Step 3: Next, open the QuickTime app on Mac and tap on the File menu at the top.
- Step 4: Select New Audio Recording.
- Step 5: Now, tap on the down-drop icon next to the record icon and choose iPhone.
- Step 6: Click on the record button.
- Step 7: Make a WhatsApp call to your phone from your iPhone.
- Step 8: Once connected, call the person whose call you wish to record.
- Step 9: Finally, end the call and recording and save the recording on Mac.
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls on Android
Some Android phones have a built-in screen recording feature but worry not if your phone does not have it. Here, we have added the steps to record WhatsApp video calls using a screen recording app, be it a built-in or third-party app.
Using the Phone’s In-built Screen Recorder
Phones running Android 11 or above have a built-in screen recorder. Here’s how you can use them to record video calls:
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top to open Android’s Quick Settings menu.
- Step 2: Click on the Screen Record option. If you don’t see it, click on the pencil icon to reveal all the tiles.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions and press the record button before making a WhatsApp video call.
- Step 4: Once done, stop the recording, and it will be saved on your phone.
Using a Third-Party Screen Recording App
If you have a phone running below Android 11 versions or if it does not have a built-in recorder, you need to install a third-party screen recorder app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Open the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Step 2: Search for and Install a third-party app like XRecorder.
- Step 3: After installing it, open the app and allow the necessary permissions.
- Step 4: Select the recording options and click on the record button to start screen recording before making a call.
- Step 5: Now, go to WhatsApp and make the video call.
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you can easily record WhatsApp video calls as iPhones have a built-in screen recording feature for all devices running iOS 11 or above. Here’s how you can use this feature or record video calls:
- Step 1: On the iPhone’s home screen, swipe down from the top to access Control Centre.
- Step 2: Here, you will see the Screen Recording option. If you can’t find it, navigate to Settings > Control Centre and add Screen Recording to the active controls list.
- Step 3: From the Control Centre, tap the Screen Recording icon to start the recording. Make sure that the microphone is enabled.
- Step 4: Next, open WhatsApp and make a video call to record it.
- Step 5: Once done with the call, stop the recording, and it will be saved on your device.
- WhatsApp Channel Owners Can Now Add New Admins
- Whatsapp has Dropped Support for Android Kitkat
- WhatsApp v220.127.116.11 Coming With Secret Code Feature For Locked Chats
- How to convert WhatsApp Business to Personal without losing data
- WhatsApp Channel Add Copy Link Feature