Internal game sound cannot be recorded on Android 9 or lower versions unless the device is rooted. If you’re a gamer, you’re undoubtedly used to recording and sharing your favorite moments. However, recording internal sound on Android phones was previously impossible owing to incompatibility, but this is now enabled with Android 10. So, in this article, we’ll show you How to record internal game audio on Android 10 phones.
You may want to capture or record screens while playing a game for a variety of reasons, such as to post on YouTube or to remember the greatest moments in-game. This is especially aggravating when you can’t record the game using internal audio. I’m a gamer myself, and I’ve tried virtually every Screen recorder available for Android phones, but none of them have been able to capture internal game audio or sound. Remember, I’m not referring to phones that have root access and the ability to capture internal game sound. The issue is that the Android operating system does not enable internal audio recording. Finally, with Android 10, we can now use screen recorder applications to record internal game sounds without having to root the phone.
As many phones have begun to receive the Android 10 upgrade, this article may assist you in making use of the latest functionality. Because this is a new function, only a few screen recorders will work right now. As a result, make sure to utilize the included Screen Recorder or experiment with its alternatives. So, let’s get started recording internal game sound on Android phones running Android 10 immediately.
How to Record Internal Game Audio on Android Phones
- Install Screen Recorder – No Ads on your Android phone from Play Store. If you already have the recorder then make sure to update it.
- Open Screen Recorder on your phone and it will ask for the location to save the file so tap on ‘OK’.
- Now it will open the location in File Manager, there you need to select ‘Allow access to movies’.
- A confirmation box will appear where you need to Allow access to the Movies location.
- In the App open the side menu (tap on three bars on the top right). And then open the Settings.
- In Settings scroll to the Video section and make sure the Record Audio option is enabled.
- Also, select the ‘Internal Sound’ option in Audio Source. You can also make other changes that you like.
- After changing the settings again open the side menu and select Videos and it will ask for permissions, so allow it. It will also ask you to enable ‘display over other Apps’, you need to enable it to record screen while on the other App.
- Now click on the Recorder icon (bottom left) and it will display four icons click on the left-most icon to start capturing the screen.
- A pop-up with a warning will appear so in this case tap on ‘OK’. It will now start recording the phone screen and you can turn it off when you want from the notification panel. Or you can set another action to stop the recording from Screen Recorder App Settings.
There are a few things you should be aware of regarding the recording of internal game sound on Android phones. Make sure to read the FAQ section below for further information.
Can I Record Audio in all the Apps and Games?
No, you can only capture audio from Apps and Games that support this functionality. Because this is a new Android feature, most developers are unaware of it and have decided not to support it in Android 10. However, as more people become aware of the issue, most games and apps will eventually enable it.
Do we have to Root our phones with Android 10 to capture In-Game Audio?
If your phone is running Android 10, you do not need to root it. Because Google implemented a new API called AudioPlaybackCapture in Android 10, screen recorder apps may now capture internal audio in any app or game.
How can I Record Internal Game Audio in Android Pie or lower version?
Only if your phone is rooted can you record internal game noises. When the screen recorder that enables internal sound recording is activated in the settings, it will automatically record the sound after your phone is rooted.
So there you have it, the entire instruction to recording internal game audio on Android 10 smartphones. Try out this function on your phone and enjoy seeing your favorite game moments being recorded.