Amazon is setting the sun on its Amazon Drive administration. Well for the individuals who don’t have the foggiest idea what Amazon Drive is, it’s a distributed storage administration that clients can buy into or absolutely get free admittance to it while being an Amazon Prime part. Very much like the way that you have Google Drive, Microsoft’s OneDrive, and Apple iCloud, Amazon chose to partake in the distributed storage game. Nonetheless, now that the help is being closed somewhere around Amazon, the time has come to move your stuff from Amazon Drive to other better-distributed storage administrations.
Closure of Amazon Drive service
Here are a few things that you need to know about how the Amazon Drive service will function.
- The Amazon Drive app for Android and iOS will lose support from Amazon and will no longer be available on the respective app stores.
- Users will not be able to upload any more files to Amazon Drive starting January 31st, 2023.
- Only your photos and video files will be automatically moved over to Amazon Photos. Field of other nature will be deleted after December 31st, 2023.
Download Files from Amazon Drive
If you have several files that are not images and videos, it is best to download them to your desktop so that you could upload them elsewhere or choose to backup them locally.
- On your PC, connect to the internet and launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, head over to the Amazon Drive website or simply click here.
- You might have to log in with your Amazon account if required.
- Browse through the various folders that you wish to download to your PC.
- Once you have decided what files to download, select the file and then click on the Download button.
- The button is blue and will be displayed at the top.
Cancel Amazon Drive Subscription
Assuming that you are somebody that is a paying client of Amazon Drive, it is ideal to feel free to drop the help as and when you have moved your records out of Amazon Drive. Barely any clients will likewise be qualified for a discount on the off chance that they drop the membership before the arrangement closes. Follow these moves toward drop your Amazon Drive membership.
- Launch your web browser and head over to this page.
- You will be taken to the Manage Storage Page.
- All you need to do is click on Cancel My Plan
- Finally, click on the End Now button that is present under the End my plan section.
- And this is how you can cancel your subscription to Amazon Drive.
Transfer Amazon Drive Files to other Cloud Storage services
Now that Amazon Drive is blurring into the dull everlastingly, now is the right time to move all your downloaded records to another distributed storage administration. Administrations like Google’s Drive, Microsoft’s OneDrive, and Apple’s iCloud work the best. Since you can get to it effectively on your versatile or PC. Assuming you may be new to these administrations, you can follow the means underneath for every one of these administrations to know how to transfer your documents.
Upload Files to Google Drive
Google Drive is an extraordinary distributed storage stage that you gain admittance to when you make a Google Account. With the free Google Drive account, you get up to 15 GB of distributed storage. Assuming you need more, you can constantly buy extra. Here are the moves toward transferring documents on Google Drive through PC.
- On your web browser, head over to drive.google.com.
- Once you have signed with your Google Account, click on New which is present in the top left corner.
- Choose File Upload or Folder Upload.
- You can now browse through the files stored on your computer and select the ones that you wish to upload.
Upload Files to Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft OneDrive is another incredible distributed storage choice. It is accessible with a Microsoft Account and offers you up to 5 GB of free stockpiling out of the case. Assuming that you need in excess of 5 GB of capacity, it would be fitting to investigate the different plans that you can buy every year for OneDrive that beginning at $19.99 per year to $99.99 per year. Here are the moves to follow to transfer your records on OneDrive.
- Launch your favorite web browser and open up Office.com.
- You will be asked to sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- Now select OneDrive and then choose Upload followed by Files or Folder.
- Here you will be able to browse through the various files and folders on your computer.
- Simply select the file or folder by clicking on Open or Select Folder.
Upload Files to Apple iCloud
Assuming you are somebody that has an Apple gadget like an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or any Mac, you will be expected to make an Apple ID for it. At the point when you make an Apple account, you will be given 5 GB of free iCloud stockpiling If you need more, you can constantly buy extra capacity through iCloud+. Presently, here are the means you really want to follow to transfer your records from your PC to Apple iCloud.
- Using your favorite web browser, head over to icloud.com
- You will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Once you have signed in, you can simply drag and drop the files and folders into iCloud to upload.
- Alternatively, you can also click on the cloud with the up arrow to browse through files and folders on your PC to upload them to iCloud.
- And that is how you can upload your files to Apple iCloud easily.