Mark Zuckerburg’s Threads, an Instagram app is here to compete directly with Twitter. The platform lets you do everything that Twitter allows you to do except for the option to automatically post your account and also the option to send messages to other people via direct messages. As of now, the platform has only the most basic features. We do hope to see the platform bring in some monumental features as the number of users increases on Threads.
As it is with a lot of apps and games, a beta version of the app will let you try out certain new features which based on user feedback will be released or canceled for the main global version of the Threads app. Here is our guide on how you can join the Beta version of the Threads app on your Android smartphone.
How To Join Threads Beta On Android
While it’s always great to test out and try new features of the app before it releases globally to all users, you should note the following points in mind:
- The beta version of the app can contain some sort of bugs. This is to be expected.
- The beta version of the app will receive updates more frequently as compared to the regular release of the app.
- You can expect the app to crash and fail to launch regularly. Only if you’re fine with this, do join the beta version.
- Features that you see in the beta version may or may not make it to the final version of the app.
Now that you have the important points in mind, let’s take a look at how you can join the beta version of the Threads app on your Android device.
How to Join the Beta Version of the Threads App
Before we dig into the steps, do note that the app does not have an internal option within the app to join the beta version. You will have to do this manually by following these steps.
- First off, launch the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Now, tap on the search bar and type in Threads.
- When you search for the Threads app, it will show at the top, Tap on it. If it didn’t appear you can install Threads using APK and then it will appear in the search.
- Scroll down and you should see a Join the Beta option for the Threads app.
- Tap on the Join button.
- The Play Store will take a few minutes to sign you up for the beta version of the app.
- Once the signup process has been completed, go back to the main page of the Play Store.
- Tap on your profile icon and choose Manage Apps and Devices.
- Finally, select the All Apps Up To Date option.
- Here you should see an update available for the Threads app.
- Download the update. You have now installed the Beta version of the Threads app on your Android smartphone.
How to Leave Threads Beta Program
If you feel that the regular updates and the bugs and crashes aren’t working out for you, you can simply sign out of the beta version of the app. Here are the steps.
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the Threads app.
- Select the app when you find it in the search results.
- Scroll a bit down where it says You’re a beta tester.
- There will be an option that says Leave. Tap on it.
- Confirm it and in a few minutes, you will be signed out of the beta program for Threads.
- Now, check for updates for the Threads app and download the final latest available release of the app to your Android device.
If you want to gain a quick following that will generate organic growth, buy Threads followers from third-party social media platforms and join the millions of others in becoming established on the hottest social media right now.