OPPO, Realme, and now OnePlus all use ColorOS, a popular Android-based operating system, on many of their devices. The rollout of updates can be slow and staggered, despite the fact that manufacturers regularly release updates to enhance performance, add features, and fix bugs. This is annoying because you won’t be able to take advantage of the newest enhancements and bug fixes. Thankfully, there is a way to manually update ColorOS ahead of schedule.
OnePlus Tools App
Don’t let the name of this app fool you. The OnePlus Tools App is an application that offers the opportunity to install early updates on all ColorOS devices. The installation of updates that you can install manually is quite simple.
- Download ROM file
- Open the app or go to System Updates > 3 Dots Menu > Local install
- Tap “Local upgrade”
- Select OTA file
Keep in mind that this method may not work if you are changing regions.
This is how you can get the newest version of ColorOS as soon as it’s released. Despite their usefulness, these techniques carry the risk of causing damage to your device. Before manually updating your device, it’s a good idea to create a backup.
- OPPO Phones that has Gotten ColorOS 13 Stable Update
- OxygenOS 13: Customize Font & Display Size
- How to use MSM Download Tool for OnePlus Devices
- ColorOS 13.1 Rollout Plan For OPPO And OnePlus Devices in May 2023
- Ways To Prevent OnePlus phone From Overheating