For Google Pixel smartphones, Android 12 Stable is now available. For the Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, and Pixel 5a, Google has officially launched Android 12. If you own one of these Pixel phones, you may upgrade to Android 12 Stable, which includes new features such as the Material UI. You’ll learn how to install Android 12 Stable on Google Pixel phones in this article.
Note: The newest stable of Android 12 is now available for Pixel Phones that support it. You may manually install Android 12 Stable by following this instructions. Here are the links to the downloads.
During the Google I/O 2021 event, Google revealed the Android 12 Beta. Android 12 has a brand new user interface that looks fantastic. It will be the first significant upgrade in many years to include such modifications. Apart from the UI, there are several improvements, including a significant increase in privacy and security, a new notification panel and quick settings, more fluid animations, and a slew of adjustable options.
The Android 12 Stable is available for nine latest Pixel phones.
- Pixel 3 and 3 XL
- Pixel 3a and 3a XL
- Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Pixel 4a and 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a
If you possess one of the Pixel phones on the list, you can test out Android 12 Stable on it. This tutorial is for you if you don’t know how to acquire it. We’ll go through a couple of official ways to get Android 12 running on Pixel phones.
How to install Android 12 Stable on Pixel phones
Anyone with a Pixel phone that qualifies may now download Android 12 Stable. There will be no big bugs because it is a stable build. Your phones will receive the OTA update. You may manually install the update if you don’t want to wait for the OTA update to arrive. There are several methods you may use to acquire a stable Android 12. Here you will learn about both and how to use the way that is most appropriate for your device.
A hard reset is not required while installing Android 12 Stable on a stable Android build. However, be sure to back up your data to avoid any data loss. Both techniques necessitate the installation of an ADB and Fastboot driver on your computer. On Windows/Mac/Linux, you may also download the driver by using the Android SDK.
Install Android 12 Beta on Pixel – (For Beta)
Unlike the Android 12 developer previews, the Android 12 Beta 5 is simple to install on your Pixel phone. Google has made it possible for anybody to join the Android 12 Beta program and receive the Android 12 Beta via an OTA update on their Pixel phones.
Enroll your Pixel smartphone in the Android 12 Beta program by going to the Android 12 Beta website. You will receive an update notification shortly after applying for the Android 12 beta program. You may also look in Settings for an update.
How to Install Android 12 Stable using Android Flash Tool
This method requires a device with an unlocked bootloader, so make sure your Google Pixel phone’s bootloader is unlocked first. Then carry on with the steps that follow.
- To activate developer options on your Google Pixel phone, go to Settings > About Phone and tap Build Number seven times.
- Open Developer Options by going to Settings > Developer Options. And enable USB Debugging to use ADB.
- Now connect your Pixel with your PC directly using an original USB cable.
- Open the Android Flash Tool page using this link. It will ask for ADB permission on your browser, allowing it to use ADB.
- On the webpage click on Add New Device, then select the device model and click on Connect.
- Also allow debugging on your phone, when a pop-up appears.
- Now select your connected device on the browser.
- Choose the Developer Preview build from the list. Also, select the option to wipe data for clean flash.
- Click on the Install button and just wait for the process to complete.
- Once the flash completes, disconnect your phone and enjoy the latest Android 12.
How to Sideload Stable Android 12 on Pixel Phones
This method will also work if you don’t want to unlock the bootloader of your Pixel phone. In this method, we will be using OTA zip to Update through Recovery.
- Download the Stable Android 12 OTA Image for your device from here. If the file name is big then rename the file (eg. Update.zip) for an easy process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Pixel phone. Check out the first method to know the process.
- Now connect your Pixel phone to your PC. You will receive a prompt on your phone, click on Allow to provide debugging access on your phone. If you don’t receive the prompt enter ‘adb devices‘ in CMD and it should show the connected device id.
- Once your Pixel phone is connected to the computer enter the below command to boot the pixel phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
- The phone will now boot into Recovery Mode. Now select the option ‘Apply Update from ADB‘.
- Now run the following command to install Android 12 Beta 2 on your Pixel phone. Make sure to enter the correct file name that you renamed in the first step. Replace Update with the correct file name.
adb sideload Update.zip
- It will now install the update to your Pixel phone. After installing the file select ‘Reboot system now’ to boot into the system.
You can now use Android 12 on your Pixel, which comes with a slew of new features. You don’t have to worry about problems because this is the official stable version of Android 12. Also, when other OEMs enable stable Android 12 to be installed on some of their top phones, we’ll share a new tutorial (Available already for some phones).
So there you have it: a step-by-step tutorial on installing Android 12 Stable on Pixel phones. Please let us know if you have any questions about the installation instructions in the comments area.