To highlight important points in a document, there may not be a native solution on your desktop. Fortunately, there are simple alternatives. This guide shows the easiest ways to highlight PDF text on mobile or desktop.
Highlight Text in PDF on Mac/PC/Desktop
1. Using a Web Browser
One of the easiest methods for highlighting text in a PDF is to use the Microsoft Edge browser. It features a built-in PDF editor that is sufficiently robust, even allowing you to highlight text in different colors. Here’s how it works:
1. Right-click on the PDF file, hover your cursor over the Open with option and select Microsoft Edge.
2. Next, click on the Highlighter icon and then select the text you want to highlight.
3. If you wish to change the color, click on the down arrow next to the Highlighter icon and choose the color along with its thickness.
4. If you wish to remove any highlighted text, simply select the Erase button, then click on the highlighted text, and it will be removed.
5. Once you’ve finished highlighting the text, click the Save or Save As button to save the file separately.
2. Using Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you’re not interested in installing an additional web browser on your computer, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader. The app is simple and easy to use, and it also offers a few additional features, which we will discuss later. So here’s how to use this app:
1. Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat, then click on the Pen icon in the toolbar and select the Highlight option.
2. If you’re not fond of the default highlight color, simply click on the color bubble and choose a different color. You can also customize the opacity.
Moreover, you have the option to adjust the highlight thickness by clicking on the 3-bar icon beneath the color bubble. Drag the slider to achieve your desired thickness.
3. After that, you can click and drag to select the text you wish to highlight.
4. If you later decide to change the color of the highlighted text or want to erase it, simply select the highlighted text and choose the color bubble or delete icon, respectively.
5. Once the job is done, you can hit the Save button to save your changes.
- Beta Users Get Windows 11 Build 22635.2771 From Microsoft
- The public release of Windows 11 23H2 (KB5032190) has begun.
- Microsoft sends Windows 11 22635.2552 to the Beta channel
- Best 10 Registry Hacks for Windows 11 Users
- How to Fix Windows 11 Application Compatibility Issues in Registry