If you’re looking for a less buggy beta than the developer betas, the iPadOS 17 Public Beta is now available. Over the past month, Apple has published four developer betas, not counting the most recent beta re-release. This means Apple has successfully patched the vast majority of its issues in the past month. This means that the iPadOS 17 Public Beta should function reliably.
Among the many enhancements included in iPadOS 17 is the long-awaited ability to customize the lock screen, which was previously only seen in iOS 16. And there are many extras included that improve the functionality even further.
This autumn, alongside the new iPhone lineup, Apple will release iPadOS 17. In the meanwhile, a number of beta versions of iPadOS 17 will roll out with various updates and additions. If you don’t feel like dealing with a large number of bugs at the start of any beta, the public beta is a decent option. The developer beta stage is over, thank goodness.
List Of Eligible iPads For iPadOS 17 Public Beta
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
How to Get iPadOS 17 Public Beta
Take a Backup of your iPad
You can use either iCloud or iTunes/Finder to create a local copy of your stuff. I suggest keeping copies of your data locally, where you can access them quickly and make any necessary changes.
Download and Install iPadOS 17 Public Beta
Now it’s time to get iPadOS 17 experience with the public beta. Here is the process.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Software Update.
- Here you will see two options at the top, Automatic Updates and Beta Updates. Tap the Beta Updates option.
- Now select the iPadOS 17 Public Beta and go back.
- Once you opt for the iPadOS 17 Public Beta you will see the first public beta right away in the Software Update page.
- Tap on Download and Install to enjoy iPadOS 17 on your iPhone.
- That’s it.