Apple has published iOS 15.6 beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 beta 2. On May 19, the first beta was released. There was no update last week. Learn more about iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2.
Apple also launched macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 2, tvOS 15.6 Beta 2, and watchOS 8.7 Beta 2 alongside iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2. The build number for both iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 is 19G5037d. It is a minor upgrade to the first Beta, weighing in at roughly 500MB depending on the device.
iOS 15.6 Beta 2 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 are already available to developers and will soon be available to public beta testers. If you chose beta 1, the update will be delivered immediately to your device.
You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. But if you are on a public build then you need to install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to install the beta profile.
How to get iOS 15.6 Beta 2 And iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.6 Beta 2 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.6 Beta 2 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.6 Beta 2 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.