These are the instructions on How to Flash Sony Xperia Stock Rom (.ftf firmware) using the Xperia Flash Tool.
What is Sony Xperia FlashTool?
This is a desktop application that you can use to Flash Sony Xperia Stock Rom device. This is useful if you’ve for example flashed a custom ROM on your device, and want to go back to the original Sony Xperia Firmware.
Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the Xperia Flash Tool will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Install .ftf Firmware (ROM) on Xperia Devices
1. Download and install Sony Xperia Driver on the computer. If in case Sony Xperia Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
2. Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware on the computer. After extracting you will be able to see a similar file (with .ftf extension):
3. Download and install Sony Xperia Flashtool on your computer (if you have already had the FlashTool, then there is no need to download it again).
4. Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is installed, Open it from C:Drive > Flashtool.
5. Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
6. Now, click on the Flash Button.
7. Now, you will be able to see the Bootmode Chooser menu. Select Flashboot option and click on OK button.
8. Now, load the downloaded xperia firmware (.ftf) in the flashtool. By clicking on the Load Button.
9. Now, Select the loaded Firmware.
Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing process:
1.1. Power off the Xperia Device > Press and Hold Volume Down button and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
1.2. Once the device is successfully connected to the computer then you will be able to see the added message in Xperia Flashtool.
1.3. Now, flashing will begin and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
1.4. Once the flashing process is completed, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it On.
Read me Once:
[*] Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the above tutorial will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before following the tutorial above.
[*] If you are having issues with opening the flash tool. Make sure to download the latest version supported by your computer’s operating system.
[*] Sony Xperia Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to the Download Sony Stock Firmware page.
[*] Sony Xperia Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to the Download Sony USB Driver page.