The Galaxy phones from Samsung always come with a ton of cool features. The addition of new, helpful features is a hallmark of every major update to Android and One UI. The newest major update for Samsung phones, One UI 6, includes a new and helpful feature called Auto Blocker.
Since it can be quickly interpreted as an ad blocker, many users might think it is one. But it’s not the same as an ad blocker, even though they’re both related to security and privacy.
What is an auto blocker?
Galaxy phones are now more secure against malware and USB device attacks thanks to Auto Blocker, a new privacy feature. This function stops commands sent through unauthorized devices, checks for malware frequently, and blocks unauthorized apps.
Although many tech enthusiasts are aware of the signs of spam and attacks and know how to deal with them, users who aren’t knowledgeable about smartphone security are more likely to be victims. Spam links, malicious apps, and even USB attacks are some of how attacks can happen. Take precautions at all times because of this.
How to Enable Auto Blocker on Galaxy Phones
If there are multiple Samsung Galaxy users in your household or connection, you should advise all of them to turn on this feature if they do not know much about these things. Below, you’ll find the steps on how to enable the new feature.
- Make sure your Galaxy phone is updated to the latest One UI 6 version.
- Now open Settings on your Phone.
- Navigate to Security and Privacy > Auto Blocker. It will be present under Additional security settings.
- Turn On the toggle for Auto Blocker.
You can now rest assured that your phone is protected from malware and other attacks thanks to the auto-blocker. Always remember to disable this feature when installing an app you trust, as it prevents sideloading.
Open systems, like Android, benefit from this feature. Since you are already aware that Android does not impose any restrictions on app installation, you can enjoy the freedom without any security concerns.
I think it would be great if more security features for our phones didn’t restrict our actual use. Even though it’s far from ideal, Samsung Knox security serves as an excellent example.
How to Update Auto Blocker
You need to regularly update Auto Blocker. Just like other apps, Samsung will be updating Auto blocker too. So how do you update Auto Blocker? You will know below.
- Open Settings on your Galaxy phones.
- Now go to Security and Privacy > Auto Blocker.
- Tap three dots at the top right corner followed by About Auto Blocker.
- It will show the Auto Blocker version along with option to Update the service if available.
- Tap Update and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also search for Auto Blocker in Galaxy App Store, and update from there.
- Samsung SM-T713 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
- Samsung GT-P3110 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
- Samsung GT-I9060I Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P601 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)