Music has a special way of connecting you to your prior self, whether you’re reminiscing about the good old days or questioning your life choices. Enter YouTube Music Recap, which depicts your musical journey over the course of the year. This is how you may locate and distribute your YouTube Music review.
How to Discover Your Recaps on YouTube Music
Your YouTube Music Recap includes tailored playlists and statistics from your favorite songs, artists, and listen times from the previous year or season. These Recaps are personalized for you based on your YouTube Music listening history.
The good news is that your YouTube Music recap is in the same place on both iOS and Android, so you can follow our instructions regardless of which phone you use. Simply make sure you’ve listened to at least 10 hours of music via the YouTube Music app.
2. Tap on Your Recap to head to the recap menu. Then tap on Get your Recap to see your yearly recap.
3. The yearly recap is in a story-like format. You can go to the next or previous story by tapping on the right or previous end of the screen respectively.
- The YouTube Music Recap can only be viewed via the phone app. The fact that the recap cannot be accessed on the web, PC, or desktop app is, in our opinion, a limitation. The competition allows you to access their annual recaps or replays on any device as long as you use the designated link and are logged in to the same account.
- The yearly recap will be available until the end of the year and will be updated as you listen to more songs and performers.
There are two ways you can share your YouTube Music recap. Either from the share menu or downloading the recap to customize it more freely while sharing.
1. To share the recap using the Share menu, tap on Share while viewing the recap in the YouTube Music app.
2. From the share menu, tap on any app to send the recap to one of those apps. For example, you can select Instagram or Snapchat to share the recap as a story or a snap respectively.
3. You can also save the recap highlights to your phone using the download button in the bottom left corner. This way, you can share your recap easily on any platform, and customize it as you need. For example, posting your recap on Instagram as a Reel.
2023 Recap – YouTube Music Stats You Should Know
Now that you know how to find and share your recap from the YouTube Music app, what is covered in it? You can find your musical journey throughout the year, top songs, artists, and most listened-to songs in a fun and interactive way. Each story shows a unique stat about your music journey. Your most listened-to song will play in the background while you are looking at the recap.
1. Total Listening Time
The first recap highlight shows you the total minutes of music you listened to in the past year. Also shown is the duration of total music played in that year in a pie-chart format. Another tile shows you a cool animation of the number of artists you listened to in the preceding year.
As you can see from the screenshot, I had a listening time of 12,297 minutes and played songs from 924 different artists throughout the year.
2. The Top 5
Here are my Top 5 artists whose songs I listened to the most. Though it’s a bummer that I can only see the play duration from my top 1 artist and not others from the list.
3. The Top Artist
This tile features the top artist with the most played songs and listening duration. In my case, that’s Taylor Swift with a play duration of 9 hours and 69 different songs from her collection.
4. The Stats
The following two tiles show stats unique to your YouTube Music profile based on your play history and interests. For example, I listened to The Chainsmokers 11 times compared to an average listener. Another artist had 9 times growth since I started listening to them.
Next is the top track that you played this year. You can see when you listened to this particular song for the first time and the number of times you played it. Another recap tile shows you the top 5 tracks you listened to throughout the year in YouTube Music recap.
If you want to comment on songs and videos on YouTube music, this is how you can do it.
You also see a custom album cover from your music history. The total number of songs you listened to also gets a special mention.
6. Top Playlists and Albums of the Year
Your top 5 playlists and albums of the year also get separate mentions in the recap.
7. Your Music Mood
You get a music mood calendar with album art arranged as per the month they were played in. Also present is a music mood tile that has your music analyzed based on your music listening patterns.
8. Top Genres
Based on your music listening history, YouTube Music Recap arranges your top 5 favorite genres in a vertical list.
9. Summary Recap
The last tile in the recap gives you a summarized view of your top artists, tracks, and total listening time.
How to Path Down Music Lane
At this point in time, music is and will continue to be the most influential source of entertainment. One of the reasons why individuals continue to keep physical records of times gone by is because they are filled with nostalgia. Because of this, the YouTube Music recap makes perfect sense, as it helps you navigate through the thick and thin once more.