It is common to desire to hide specific apps. Whether it’s a dating app or other app. Unlike other Android phones, the iPhone lacks an app-hiding capability. However, there is a simple way to hide apps on iPhones using a free third-party program. Let us begin.
How To Completely Hide Apps on iPhone Without Deleting
We will be hiding apps on iPhones using the Cape app, which was formerly referred to as Cloak. Apps can be hidden from the iPhone’s search and app library without being deleted. Even more significantly, the hidden app is not accessible through the App Store.
Follow these steps if you want to hide apps on your iPhone:
- 1. Install and open the app Cape:Master your screen time app on your iPhone.
- 2. Grant the necessary screen time permissions to the app. You don’t need to have Screen Time activated on your iPhone.
- 3. Tap on App Group 1 followed by Choose apps.
- 4. Expand the category and select the apps that you want to hide by tapping on them. Please note that you can hide only 3 apps in the free version of Cape Master. If you want to hide more apps, you need to buy the pro version. Once the apps are selected, tap on Done at the top.
- 5. Again, tap on Done. Make sure it says Complete under Restricted mode.
- 6. You will reach the home screen of the app. Tap on Hide under the app group to hide the selected apps on your iPhone without deleting them.
Surprisingly, you may also lock this app using a passcode that differs from your iPhone’s passcode. In the app, go to the Settings page and then to Appearance. You may also schedule the hiding of apps with this app. So, if you want to conceal a certain app from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., simply press the Schedule button next to the Hidden/Conceall button on the app’s home screen.
The only disadvantage is that you must unhide the app to utilize it. You cannot use the app surreptitiously while it is hidden on your iPhone. To unhide the app, go to the app group where you added the apps you wish to hide on your iPhone and press on the Hidden option.
Here are other methods on how to completely hide apps on an iPhone:
In addition to the above method, you can use these methods to hide apps on your iPhone:
- Remove from the home screen: Long press on any app that you want to hide from the home screen and select Remove app followed by Remove from Home screen.
- Hide apps inside a folder: Create a new folder and add apps that you want to hide. Rename the app to something generic like Tools, Productivity, etc.
- Hide app from search results: Go to iPhone Settings and tap on the app followed by Siri & Search. Turn off the toggle next to Show app in search.
Time to Hide Apps
That was a quick and easy way to hide apps on iPhones. Now, nobody can find your secret apps. Before you go, know how to lock apps on iPhone.
- How to Make a Collaborative Playlist on Apple Music
- How to Lock iPhone Without Power Button
- How to Wake iPhone Without Power Button
- 11 Ways To Fix iPhone Sound Not Working
- How to Highlight Text in PDF on Mobile