Smartphones have become an essential component of our daily life. Our smartphones handle almost all of our work. In other words, smartphones are our most important companions in today’s fast-paced world. In the midst of our job, amid spam and undesired communications, harmful text messages can offer a number of hazards to digital safety and security. As a result, the majority of users hunt for solutions that can potentially assist them in getting rid of spam and unwanted messages.
Meanwhile, nothing is more aggravating than receiving a steady stream of unwelcome and unfamiliar text messages. It can sometimes trigger our digital safety and security. Spamming has recently been a serious concern, resulting in some issues with our personal data, which can be easily stolen if we are not vigilant against these unfamiliar messages.
Fortunately, practically every smartphone today includes built-in spam filtering features. It’s also rather simple to stop spam texts using Android’s default apps.
How to Block SMS on OnePlus phones?
Furthermore, the majority of standard text messaging apps function similarly to the Google Messages app, which is the stock app on some phones, including the OnePlus. You can download and install the Google Messages app by going to the Google Play Store and setting it as your default messaging app by following the steps outlined below to search for the choice in your default messaging app on your OnePlus smartphone. At the same time, you want to block SMS and then just return to your preferred messaging app when you’re finished.
- Open the Messages app and tap the message you want to block.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Description”.
- On the details page, tap “Block and report spam.”
- On the pop-up, choose whether you want to report the text messages as spam. If you do this, check the box for “Report spam.”
- However, this is optional – you can clear the checkbox if you don’t want to report messages. Tap “OK” to block all future messages from this sender.
Consider some other messaging apps as well. However, these third-party programs can result in additional costs as well as security problems. Setting digital boundaries for several connections may be a better solution, especially in this day and age where cybercrime is rampant. Google is mostly focused on collaborating with certain carriers to establish improved messaging standards.
- OnePlus Open is getting its first incremental update.
- OnePlus 10R 5G Gets October 2023 Security Update
- How to Enable & Use AirDrop Over Internet on iOS 17.1
- How To Change Realme Alarm Ringtone
- OnePlus 9R Receives October 2023 Monthly Security Patch