iPhone security, especially Face ID, is legendary. Although fingerprint recognition is common on Android devices, Apple prefers Face ID for its speed and security. Another benefit of Face ID is that you can add multiple ones to your iPhone. This guide will help you add a second Face ID to your iPhone.
Add their Face ID if you share your iPhone with friends and want them to use it without you opening the lock. If you want to give your face a different look, this guide can help. Face ID is accurate and brilliant at detecting anyone, but you should use it and add your second look.
How to Add Another Face ID to an iPhone
Face ID on iPhones has a different look. To simplify device sharing or appearance changes, users can use this. Set up a second Face ID to use this feature.
- Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Now open Face ID and Passcode from Settings. It will ask for your passcode. Enter your phone passcode.
- Step 3: Now in Face ID settings, look for Set Up an Alternate Appearance and open it. The option will appear only if you have one Face ID setup already.
- Step 4: In the next page tap Get Started.
- Step 5: Now scan your or another user’s face that you want to set as second Face ID. You can follow on-screen instructions on how to capture entire face.
- Step 6: It will ask to set up face id with mask, you can record it with mask if you want or tap Set Up later.
- Step 7: Once done, you will get a message that say “Dace ID is Now Set Up”.
That’s it. If you have recorded second face ID for other user, then they will now be able to unlock the device with their Face ID. Although this feature can be useful in many cases, I advice to only set Face ID from your family only. Face ID is a security feature and we have to make sure it stays that way.
How to Remove Second Face ID from iPhone
- Step 1: On your iPhone go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap Reset Face ID.
- Step 3: It will remove all Face ID. Now you can setup your Face ID again without the second Face ID.
- Methods to Manually Update Nothing Phone
- How to Share iMessage Live Location on iPhone, iPad & Mac
- How To Enter OnePlus Recovery Mode
- How To Downgrade From One UI 6.0 To One UI 5.1
- How to fix Xiaomi MIUI Launcher not responding