The most recent version of Android, Android 14, has been released to the general public. This update was supposed to go live last month, but it was delayed for unknown reasons. Android 14 for Pixel devices is now available officially from Google. As a result, we can expect to see the introduction of custom UIs based on Android 14 from a variety of other OEMs in the near future.
There are many new improvements in Android 14. The Pixel phones will also get better after the Android 14 update. Let’s take a quick look at what’s new in Android 14 and why you should care.
Different live wallpapers can be used for the homescreen and lockscreen, larger font sizes can be used (up to 200%), notifications can trigger the camera flash or the screen flash, entering the PIN is no longer required, custom emoji wallpapers can be made, regional preferences can be set, and content can be dragged and dropped between apps.
The features of Google Android 14
- Generate AI Wallpapers directly on the phone
- Monochrome themes for background, app icons, widgets, buttons
- New Customization Picker to choose lockscreen and homescreen
- Easy-to-understand info about apps data permissions
- Health connect available in Settings
- Change Font Size from Quick Settings
These are just a few features of Android 14. There are many other features that we need to talk about in details.
The Android 14 is available for testing for last few months, and so many of you might already know if your Pixel phone is eligible for Android 14 or not. If you don’t know here are Android 14 eligible Pixel devices.
- Pixel 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5 and 5a
- Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
- Pixel 7a
- Pixel Fold
- Pixel Tablet
How to Download Android 14 on Pixel
The update is rolling out to users over the air and can take some time before it is available to every eligible devices. To ensure you are not missing on update when available, check for updates in Settings > System > System Update. And when the new update appear, you can install the update to enjoy the new Android 14. If its not available, wait for some time and check again.
If you don’t want to wait for the update roll out for your device, you can always manually install the new available update using the official Android Flash Tool. There are other methods but Android Flash tool is easy and safe.
Before you upgrade, make sure to take backup on your device so that you don’t lose data in case the update goes sideways.
- Google Announces Chromebook Plus Plans for 2024
- Google Calendar Introduces Link-Based Event Sharing
- Tutorial on Using Google Lens with iPhone and iPad
- Doogee T30 Pro Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
- BMax MaxPad I11 M3T1 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)