Hello, today in this article I will show you a detailed guide on How to Downgrade iOS 14.5 to iOS 14.1 on iPhone and iPad, it is not advisable to downgrade the device unless you want to Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
There are two popular exploits Checkra1n and Unc0ver available for iOS. Till now there are no Jailbreak methods available for iPhone 11 or newer. But we are expecting the new method soon. But you may not be able to Jailbreak your iPhone in newer iPhones. And so in that case you need to downgrade to an older version.
For now, iPhone users can Jailbreak their device in iOS 14.1. And so here we will guide you to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 14.1 from a newer release. The method will be the same for different releases. You can follow this method anytime even once the Jailbreak method releases.
How to Downgrade iOS 14.5 to iOS 14.1 on iPhone and iPad
Just like rooting an Android phone, Jailbreaking is Modifying iPhones. And it allows users to customize iPhones such as home screen customization, support for different modules, and more.
First, the most important step is taking a full backup. It is always recommended when you are doing any type of change. So before following the downgrade guide, make sure to take a full backup. In case if you want to keep your data even after downgrading your iPhone, then follow the below given early steps (You can also perform these four points after step 6 in the guide).
- First backup your data on your computer.
- Open the backup file and then open Info.plist on your computer.
- Make sure to open it as a text editor or notes.
- In the Plist, search for the Product version and change its value to 14.1
The above four steps are only required if you want your iOS 14.2 data on your iOS 14.1 even after downgrading. You also have the option to restore from iCloud, but using this method you don’t need internet data. Also, this will restore all your data at once including your home screen setup. Let’s now jump into the guide.
Step to Downgrade iPhone to iOS 14.1
- Download the signed IPSW (iOS 14.1 or iPadOS 14.1) for your iPhone or iPad.
- Transfer the downloaded iOS 14.1/iPadOS 14.1 signed IPSW to your computer.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Your Account > iCloud > Find My and turn off the Find My iPhone option.
- Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC or Mac.
- Open Finder or iTunes and make sure to Trust the connection to connect your iPhone successfully.
- After trusting the device, it will show iPhone information on your Finder or iTunes.
- If you want to keep your data after the downgrade, then follow the points given above after the backup process.
- After changing the value in the backup file, follow the further process.
- Now if you have Mac then hold the Option button and click on Restore iPhone. Hold the Shift button in case you have a Windows PC.
- It will open the Explorer, choose and select the iOS 14.1/iPadOS 14.1 IPSW file.
- After selecting the IPSW click on Restore in the popup.
- Now your iPhone will restore to iOS 14.1.
After the complete restoration, the iPhone will reboot into the system. Once it boots to the system, set up your iPhone. Again Trust the connection in iTunes or Finder
Once it shows the device information on Finder, click on the Restore Backup button and select the same backup file where you changed the product version and click on Restore.
It will now begin restoring your iPhone data. After restoring the process, set up your device again and enjoy iOS 14.1 with your data.
So there you have it, the guide on how to downgrade iOS 14.5 to iOS 14.1 or iOS 14.6 to iOS 14.1. And in case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.