Finally, the Asus Zenfone 7/7 Pro Now Receiving Android 11 stable update. Since Google officially released the OS on September 8, 2021, and started rolling it out to its Pixel phones on day one. The search giant was joined by OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, and Asus this year, all of which released the update for a few of its phones on the same day. The latest update comes with a bunch of new features, improvements, and the latest monthly security patch
Asus Zenfone 7/7 Pro Android 11 update
According to a post on ASUS ZenTalk forums (via XDA Developers), the Taiwanese company has started rolling out Android 11 stable updates for the ZenFone 7 and the ZenFone 7 Pro in its home country. The update comes with a common build number 18.104.22.168 and March 2021 security patches.
Some key features of the Asus Zenfone 7/7 Pro
In terms of features, the Zenfone 7 (Pro) Android 11 update comes with features like the new Chat Bubbles, redesigned power menu, change in Notification panel & volume controls, improved performance, and many other features. Yes, it packs every essential feature of Android 11 along with a number of enhancements. And the update also carries March 2021 monthly security patch. Here’s the complete changelog which you can check before upgrading your smartphone.
Asus ZenFone 7/7 Pro Android 11 Stable Update – Official Changelog:
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, and Lock backup apps.
- Support one-time permissions improved scoped storage, and auto revoke app permission
- Support keeping Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated
- Adjusted notification tray to Android 11 design. Support notification conversations.
- Classic power button style supports device control and Google Pay in Android 11.
- Added use key to adjust volume, and advanced options for back gesture Settings. Updated Style and Auto switch in System color scheme Settings. Removed one-hand mode.
- Added Notification history and Bubbles settings.
- Adjusted the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Added Nearby Share tiles (Need to add manually)
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11 yet
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 10 by the official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Turned on the “Auto-download via Wi-Fi” setting in System update by default
- Updated Google security patch to 2021-03-05
The update is currently being seeded out in different batches, There’s no official date on when it will be available in other markets. However, we can expect the company to start rolling it outside its home country in the coming weeks.
If you’re using the Zenfone 7 or 7 Pro, then make sure to check the system updates, as there are sometimes, when notification does not arrive. You can check the newer updates by heading over to Settings > System > Software Update.
Before updating your smartphone, make sure to take a backup of important data and charge your device to at least 50%.