The major iOS 17 update came out two weeks ago, and since then, two more updates have been released to fix critical bugs and patch security holes. The beta phase for iOS 17.1, the first major update since iOS 17, kicked off just last week.
Apple is not only developing beta versions of iOS but also of updates for its other hardware. Apple has released a number of new software updates today, including macOS Sonoma 17.1 Beta 2, macOS Ventura 13.6.1 RC, macOS Monterey 12.7.1 RC, iPadOS 17.1 Beta 2, watchOS 10.1 Beta 2, tvOS 17.1 Beta 2, and iOS 17.1 Beta 2. With a build number of 21B5056e, iOS 17.1 Beta 2 indicates a long development cycle remains before the final release. iPadOS 17.1 Beta 2 has the same version number.
As the second beta just released, I’m currently not aware of all the changes in the second beta of iOS 17.1. I’ll list them below once I’ve collected all the information.
iOS 17.1 Beta 2 features
- New Modem Update
- New options in Standby settings on iPhones with AOD support
- New Ringtones are back again (They were removed in the first beta)
- When accessing Reachability, the background is now black instead of device wallpaper to give distracting free view
Currently, the iOS 17.1 Beta 2 is available to Developers. But it should be available for Public beta testers later today or tomorrow. If you have already enabled the beta updates or installed the first beta, you can install the second beta by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Use the Install button to get the update. Before updating make sure to take backup.
- Apple send watchOS 10.1 beta 2 to developers
- WatchOS 10 Brings Apple Watch Ultra Automatic Night Mode
- How to clear WhatsApp’s cache on Android and iOS
- How to Setup eSIM on iPhone 15 (15 Pro)
- How to Change the Action Button on an iPhone 15 Pro