Apple has just released watchOS 10.1 beta 2, so developers can start testing it. The minor update was released a week after the initial beta and included some bug fixes and additional features. If you want to learn more about the watchOS 10.1 beta 2 update, keep reading.
The update, with version number 21S5053f, is being pushed out to Apple Watches right now. The incremental upgrade is smaller in size than the initial beta, coming in at 360 MB. While the upgrade is currently only accessible to programmers, it will soon enter public beta testing.
WatchOS 10.1’s second beta adds the long-awaited double tap functionality to the Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2. However, Apple did not include a changelog with the official release.
Explore the new features of watchOS 10 or the Nike Globe watch faces by updating to the latest version of Apple’s operating system for the Apple Watch. The new update for the watch is simple to install if you are a programmer.
watchOS 10.1 Beta 2
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 17.1 beta 2, then you can easily sideload the watchOS 10.1 beta on your Watch.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and enable watchOS 10 Developer Beta or Public Beta option.
- Go back and download the second beta of watchOS 10.1.
- That’s it.
Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% and connected to a WiFi network. After installing the beta profile, open the Apple Watch app on your phone, head over to General > Software Update > Download and Install, then install the new software.
Now the watchOS 10.1 beta will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
- WatchOS 10 Brings Apple Watch Ultra Automatic Night Mode
- How to Setup eSIM on iPhone 15 (15 Pro)
- How to Change the Action Button on an iPhone 15 Pro
- Apple releases Important iOS 17.0.1 security update
- Apple watchOS 10.0.1 fixes several security problems.