Apple has released a new beta version of iOS 17 that includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements. Before the public beta is released, the upgrade is made available to developers. Only a week separated the third beta release from this update. Also, Apple also sends iOS 16.6 beta 5, iPadOS 16.6 Beta 5, and watchOS 9.6 beta 5 updates to developers too.
The version number for iOS 17 beta 3 is now 21A5277j. The original beta was around 970MB in size, while this updated build weighs in at a much more manageable 377MB. iPhone Xs and later owners who are also using the developer beta version of iOS 17 can download the update immediately. The tech giant has released a revised beta of iPadOS 17 and macOS Sonoma in addition to the iOS update.
With the recent release of the updated third beta, it seems likely that Apple will soon make available the public beta of iOS 17. Learn more about the upcoming public beta and access additional resources here.
- Apple Music Credit option for songs in Apple Music. To check it, you need to tap on the three dots next to the song name.
- In the thread which appears when tapping on the + icon on Messages, the photo option now shows an icon of the last used photo.
- Under Mental Wellbeing in Health App – Past 30 Days now shows the State of Mind.
- New Wind speed map in Weather
- Photos – Delete and Recover options in Recently Deleted photos have been grouped in one place.
- Home – If you have a light-changing accessory, the control to choose light color has been improved.
- There are some other small improvements in some iOS 17 new features.
- There are a bunch of bug fixes as well.
The revised third beta of iOS 17 is available to developers. If your iPhone is already running on iOS 17 third beta you will receive the incremental beta over the air. But in case you are on iOS 16.5.1 or iOS 16.6, you will need to log in with your developer account then you will be able to see the option on the Software Update page. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.