Hello, this is Malachi and today I have something very interesting for you. In today’s article, Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 14.5 Beta 8 to developers for testing. The build number is 18E5199a. Yes, we are talking about the latest iOS 14.5 Beta 8 and iPadOS 14.5 Beta 8 updates. It is the first time we are getting eight betas for a non-major iOS update (like iOS 13.0, iOS 14.0).
It is a minor update like the last Beta 7 and only comes with only bug fixes. There are no big changes in the update that we noticed. This is great on one side as it means the public release is near. Apple is planning to release the iOS 14.5 update in the event probably next week.
Latest Feature of the Updates in iOS and iPadOS 14.5 Beta 8
The biggest new change in iOS 14.5 is support for Face ID with face masks when wearing an Apple Watch.
Other changes include:
● Updates to Siri
● Support for new Xbox and PlayStation game controllers
● App Tracking controls
● AirPlay for Apple Fitness+
● 5G global Dual SIM support
● Accident, Hazard, and Speed Trap reporting in Apple Maps
● Ability to set preferred music service for Siri
● New ‘Items’ tab in Find My that will let users track third-party accessories.
● Horizontal boot screen for iPad
● Siri gets two new voices, no longer defaults to female
● Battery health recalibration feature
Download iOS and iPadOS 14.5 Beta 8
The iOS and iPadOS 14.5 Beta 8 updates are out to developers as of now. But it is possible that public beta is already released by the time you read this. If you are a beta tester then you can easily get the update. To manually check for the update, go to Settings > Software Update. And click the Download and Install button to get the update.
In case you are still on the last public iOS build and want to try the beta update. Then as Developers, you can download the new beta of iOS 14.5 manually with the link below, you can install it either with IPSW or using beta profiles.
How to Install iOS and iPadOS 14.5 Beta Profile
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 14 or iPadOS 14.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 14.5 beta 8 on your iPhone.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 14.5 Beta 8 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.