Apple has resumed software upgrades for its devices following the holiday season. The second beta of watchOS 10.3 has been issued to developers, and it is expected to be accessible to public beta testers within a day. This second beta release includes more changes and additions that will be made available to the general public in the coming weeks.
The second beta update for watchOS 10.3 with build number 21S5635d is now available. In terms of size, the update is at least 245MB for my Watch Series 7. Depending on your Watch, it may be somewhat smaller or larger.
Apple also released iPadOS 17.3 Beta 2, tvOS 17.3 Beta 2, macOS Sonoma 14.3 Beta 2, macOS Ventura 13.6.4 RC 2, and macOS Monterey 12.7.3 RC 2 today, in addition to watchOS 10.3 Beta 2. The company also released iOS 17.3 Beta 2 but then yanked it because it was causing certain devices to bootloop.
Apple did not highlight any specific updates or enhancements in the update page, as is customary. However, you may expect a few new features, improved performance, and numerous bug fixes.
How to Install watchOS 10.3 Beta 2
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 17.3 beta, then you can easily sideload the watchOS 10.3 beta 2 on your Watch.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and enable watchOS 10 Developer Beta or Public Beta option.
- Go back and download the second beta of watchOS 10.3.
- That’s it.
Make sure your Apple Watch is at least 50% charged and connected to a WiFi network before installing the update. Open the Apple Watch app on your phone after installing the beta profile, go to General > Software Update > Download & Install, and then install the updated software.
WatchOS 10.3 will now download and install on your Apple Watch. And, once the installation is complete, your watch will restart. After that, you can start using your Apple Watch.
- Apple pulls iOS 17.3 beta 2 for iPhone due to boot loops
- How to Sideload iPhone and iPad AppsHow to Sideload iPhone and iPad Apps
- How to Add Second Face to iPhone Face ID
- How to Share iMessage Live Location on iPhone, iPad & Mac
- Apple iOS 17.2.1 releases with Important Bug Fixes