The third beta versions of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 are now available to developers. The second beta version of both updates was released last week, with some modifications. The public beta testers can also anticipate receiving the beta update later this month now that July has arrived.
Apple began testing iOS 17 shortly after the conclusion of WWDC on June 5. Since testing began one month ago, we have already had the opportunity to test the majority of iOS 17 features in the first three beta updates. Yes, many of them are not yet ready for public release. Therefore, we may not anticipate significant changes or new features in the upcoming beta updates, but rather enhancements to what is already available.
Apple also released macOS Sonoma 14 Beta 3, tvOS 17 Beta 3, watchOS 10 Beta 3, and Studio Display 17 Beta 3 as updates for other devices. The build number for both iOS 17 Beta 3 and iPadOS 17 Beta 3 is 21A5277h. The update weighs over 900MB on the majority of mobile devices. There are still many weeks until the public release of iOS 17.
When it comes to changes and improvements, the third beta introduces significant enhancements to the features introduced in the first two beta updates. You can find the detailed list of changes below. Credit to Aaron Zollo from Zollotech for the list.
Apple iOS 17 Beta 3 and iPadOS 17 Beta 3 Features
- New Modem Update
- Apple Music Credit option for songs in Apple Music. To check it, you need to tap on the three dots next to the song name.
- In the thread which appears when tapping on the + icon on Messages, the photo option now shows an icon of the last used photo.
- Under Mental Wellbeing in Health App – Past 30 Days now shows the State of Mind.
- New Wind speed map in Weather
- Photos – Delete and Recover options in Recently Deleted photos have been grouped in one place.
- Home – If you have a light-changing accessory, the control to choose light color has been improved.
- There are some other small improvements in some iOS 17 new features.
- There are a bunch of bug fixes as well.
The third betas of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 are available to developers. Users who already upgraded to iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 will receive the third beta update over the air. But in case you are on iOS 16.5 or iOS 16.6, you will need to log in with your developer account then you will be able to see the option on the Software Update page. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.