Apple launched the first beta of watchOS 8 two weeks ago, featuring a slew of new features and tweaks. The firm has now released a fresh watchOS 8 beta build, entitled watchOS 8 Beta 2. The incremental update includes a variety of new features, as well as the ability to use the Portrait Watch Face on the Apple Watch. You can find everything you need to know about the watchOS 8 Beta 2 for Apple Watch right here.
Apple has released the second developer beta of watchOS 8 with the build number 19R5286f. The incremental patch is around 470MB in size and is available for download. Sideloading the newest build does not necessitate a large amount of data. Apple Watch Series 3 and subsequent models are eligible for the upgrade. If you’re a developer, updating your Apple Watch to the updated firmware is simple.
Apple doesn’t usually reveal the list of changes when releasing developer beta releases, and the firm is doing the same with watchOS 8 Beta 2. However, the update includes a Portrait Watch Face as well as other system improvements. After sideloading the second beta edition of the new Apple Watch OS, you may obviously use the other essential features of watchOS 8. Let’s have a look at it now.
Update for watchOS 8 Dev Beta 2
Make sure your iPhone or iPad is running the newest dev beta (iOS 15 beta 2 / iPadOS 15 beta 2) if you wish to get access to the latest watchOS 8 beta. If your Apple Watch is running on the most recent software, you can easily sideload the new software.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8 beta 2 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8 beta 2 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Before you install it on your Apple Watch, make sure it meets the following requirements.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8 Developer Beta 2 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
The watchOS 8 developer beta 2 update is now available for download and installation on your Apple Watch. Your watch will restart after the installation process is completed. After that, you can begin using your Apple Watch.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.